Job no: 567212
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Dhaka
Categories: Social Policy
Background and Purpose of the Assignment:
UNICEF aims to provide technical assistance support to the government in its role of coordinating and providing policy analysis support for the NSSS. The main focus will be to support (a) strengthen the child-sensitive social protection system (b) development of a shock-responsive social protection system, and (c) close the social protection gap for children under five, particularly increasing coverage of vulnerable children under the spirit of universality, where no child is left behind.
Work Assignment Overview:
||End of month two from the date of contract signing|
||Progress report/ written communication||End of month four|
||Progress report/ written communication||End of month six|
||Progress report/ written communication||End of month eight|
||Progress report/ written communication||End of month ten|
||Progress report/ written communication||End of month twelve|
Minimum Qualifications/Knowledge/Expertise/Skills required:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Economics/ Development Study/Social Sciences/ Statistics/ or related field especially advanced academic certificate/diploma courses on International Humanitarian Action /Social policy/Social Protection is required.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in the areas of Social protection, human rights.
- Previous experience in similar activities with the UN or other international organizations will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience understanding of the Bangladesh context especially in the area of social protection,
- Ability to speak and write both in English and Bangla language with a minimum level of professionalism.
Assignment duration: 84 working days spread over 14 months
Work modality: Primarily work from home with occasional visit to office – TBD
Travel: 6 trips (a 4-days trip in every two months)
Payment: Payment will be made upon successful completion of each deliverables with certification from supervisor
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: Bangladesh Standard Time