|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Vacancy Number:||SVN-KBL- 021-23|
|No. Of Jobs:||3|
|Years of Experience:||A minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience for bachelor’s degree holders and four years for Diploma holders.|
|Contract Duration:||Six months with possibility of extension|
|Education:||Completed Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Law or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct administrative supervision of the senior logistics assistant and overall supervision of supply chain officer, the incumbent will be responsible for overall daily implementation of all procurement and logistics activities in Kabul which detailed but not limited in below:
- Keep track of all IOM assets and update the Asset Master Record (AMR) for all asset descriptions, model, serial number, Tag number etc.
- Handover assets to newly hired staff and receive signed Asset Assignment Form.
- Review assets condition in all IOM stocks and prepare Asset Damaged Form and Asset Disposal Form when necessary.
- Conduct the End-Year Physical Verification of Assets in IOM and carefully indicate the condition of assets that are not functional, damaged/beyond repair, and or assets that are in good working condition.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ), facilitate Bid Analysis Summary (BAS), and release order of approved Purchase Requisition (PR).if needed
- Check samples and quality of requested items before and seek confirmation from requester before the review of offers is finalized to place orders.
- Adhere to IOM Procurement Rules during procurement process of goods, services and works.
- Prepare/coordinate with warehouse focal on Goods Receive Note (GRN) of delivered goods and facilitate payments.
- Prepare and support Vendor Creation Form and update Vendor Payment Tracking Sheet.
- Prepare and update Vendor Information Sheet and have updated vendor documents such as business license, ID and etc.
- Follow on IOM warehouses lease agreements and coordinate amendments.
- Prepare Contract Request Form when necessary.
- Book hotels and catering services for field training, workshops and facilitate payments if needed.
Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Law or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience for bachelor’s degree holders and four years for Diploma holders
- Experience working with International Organizations is an advantage
- Good level of computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Windows / MS Office applications
- Good communication and analytical skills, ability to interpret information, identify and analyze problems
Fluency in English (oral and written)
Working knowledge of Dari and Pashto
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with SVN-KBL- 021-23 on the subject by 23 February 2023 at the latest.
Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account
External candidate and already have an account, Click here.
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here.