Community Management & Marketing Internship, Generation Unlimited (GenU), Programme group, NYHQ (remote)
- Country: USA
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the direct supervision of the Brand Manager, in close collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Team, the interns will support through young-person centric content creation with a unique Public-Private-Youth perspective and leveraging key calendar moments and influencers to help drive awareness through Generation Unlimited flagship hashtag #SkillsRightNow to build momentum in securing action to skill and connect young people to opportunities.
By supporting the Marketing & Communications Team, the intern will be offering the following:
Community Management & Marketing Internship:
- Contribute to the community engagement of Generation Unlimited social media channels, responding to comments in a timely, authentic and on brand way to build engagement and interest.
- Co-create content for selected top voice and partner-influencers, to be used across Generation Unlimited social media channels and in collaboration with select Public-Private-Youth partner networks.
- Using social media listening tools, develop a monthly social media report, together with Communications Manager, to measure performance and guide future content creation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in or having just completed a graduate academic programme in Communications, Marketing, Design, Innovation, Social Science or related field
- Have interest and/or experience (academic or practical) in working in Communications for Development initiatives including adolescents and youth in development or humanitarian contexts.
- Strong copy writing skills required.
- Experience in creating social media specific copy/assets is highly desirable.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Canva is highly desired.
- In-tune with current trends on social media is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA