Re-advertisement: Business Analysis Manager (Internal Control and Oversight Coordination), P-4, DFAM, NYHQ, #113427
- Country: USA
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-27
- No of Vacancies: N/A
External and Internal Audit Coordination:
- Lead the coordination of the audits as well as donor verification, assessments and ad-hoc verification requests.
- Draft management letter and response to the observations, recommendations and reports of audits.
- Review audit reports to identify recurring risk, issues and recommend policy, procedure or systemic solutions and risk mitigation actions.
- Prepare quarterly analysis reports on recurring audit (UNBOA and OIAI) issues pertaining to financial management for review and discussion with UNICEF management and the relevant business process owner, with a view to implementing corrective actions.
- Prepare quarterly status updates on the implementation of UNBOA and OIAI recommendations for the Comptroller and OED.
- Support the drafting of briefing notes, presentations and background papers for Executive Management on audit and compliance issues, reports to the Executive Management and Oversight bodies, on initiatives for management improvement by capturing, institutionalizing and sharing best practices and lessons learned in the implementation of audit recommendations.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Work closely with all HQ divisions, Regional Offices, GSSC and country office to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of a holistic risk-based financial monitoring frameworks.
- Recommend cost-effective solutions and frameworks to address systemic or recurring issues that could impact financial performance and achievement of objectives, including changes to policies, processes, procedures and/or systems.
- Support capacity building on Internal Controls, Fraud Risk Management and compliance with organizational Internal Control Framework and Monitoring mechanisms; and.
- Support Compliance Management and Strategy to manage the risks associated with compliance with regulations and global fiduciary standards such as Anti Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism.
- Keeps abreast of latest system, policy and procedure developments within the organization, liaises with UNICEF offices, ensuring appropriate internal controls and oversight are reflected and reported in line with agreed mechanisms for feedback.
- Supports Chief, Internal Controls and Oversight, in coordination and responding to standard and ad-hoc donor due diligence and assessment initiatives.
Knowledge and capacity building
- Contributes towards a culture of compliance and to the enhancement of organizational compliance initiatives which includes recommend improvements in processes and procedures to enhance productivity and performance based on evidence from audit recommendations.
- Draft and maintain guideline for preparing offices for audits, including audit management learning modules for all UNICEF offices.
- Support the establishment and implementation of a communications strategy on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Support Internal Control Framework, Policy and Procedures changes.
- Establish and maintain a network of focal points across the organization to champion the implementation of audit recommendations in their offices/divisions.
- Participates in work groups, meetings, conferences, consultations with other agencies and partners in internal controls and audit coordination related matters.
- Performs other duties as required.
To qualify as a champion, for every child you will need to have…
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Audit is required.
- A professional accounting qualification an internationally recognized accountancy body (such as CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc.); with current and active membership is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in financial management, accounting or auditing or audit coordination is required.
- A specialized designation such as CIA, CISA, CFE is an added advantage.
- Training in internal or external audit is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with International Public Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is highly desirable.
- Previous work experience within an international organization and/or large corporation is highly desirable.
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience in database packages, web-based management systems (SharePoint) and an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP), i.e. SAP financial modules), is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN Language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA