- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
- Provide comprehensive case management services to foreign national victims of crime.
- Conduct outreach to case management staff, immigrant and refugee-serving agencies, ethnic community-based organizations, and others to inform service providers and refugees of programs and services.
- Complete eligibility screenings for all referral and enrollment paperwork for all eligible Program participants.
- Complete social and legal assessment for all enrolled clients.
- Develop a service and safety plan for each Program participant.
- Knowledge of Survivor of Torture, asylum processes, violence against women act, immigration, and anti-trafficking.
- Provide comprehensive case management services, including assisting with benefits applications as appropriate. Provide appropriate legal referrals and help identify and arrange social activities in-line with service plans.
- Guide/assist participants to establish contact and receive support services in the community based on their service plan.
- Ensure all services are linguistically appropriate and help advocate with mainstream service providers for linguistically appropriate services.
- Complete case notes in a detailed and timely fashion.
- Implement client satisfaction surveys and client progress surveys at intervals outlined in the grant proposal.
- Ensure all family data is entered into data management system in a timely manner.
- Assist with the preparation of donor funding reports and new funding proposals.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
- Follow all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Safety and Wellness Supervisor
Indirect Reporting: Interns/Volunteers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The Victim Services Caseworker (Safety and Wellness Caseworker) will be responsible for developing relationships within the Victim Services network and anti trafficking network external relations with grant partners, social service agencies, and government entities.
Internal: IRC VOCA and VOT programs
External: Arizona VOCA and VOT coalitions, Attorney offices providing pro-bono legal services, social service agencies, community education presentations, community outreach
Undergraduate degree Social Work or similar field strongly preferred; comparable related work experience may be substituted.
- 2+ years of case management experience in a social services environment.
- Case management and/or victims assistance experience preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Public Speaking and/or presentation experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team member with collaborative partners, the community, and clients in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability and willingness to drive 15 passenger van.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
Proficiency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Spanish, Dari, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA