- Country: Nigeria
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
What you will do:
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager is to lead the strategic direction and quality assurance of monitoring and evaluation in the country office. The MEL Manager should design and implement a strategy, SOPs, and budget for MEL which ensures the CO is meeting and exceeding MEL minimum standards. Plan for and generates the evidence and learning required to feed into programme and strategic decision making.
- Responsible to develop the CO monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy, responding to contextual challenges but also ensuring alignment with the regional strategy and global MEL framework, policy and strategy.
- Design, lead, and manage Country Office and program level monitoring and evaluation systems ensuring the learning is integrated, accurate and relevant. Ensure the findings and M&E systems are institutionalized.
- Lead the process of developing the country evaluation plan, and ensure that evaluations are completed as per the NRC Evaluation Policy and evaluation handbook and encourage absorption of lessons and recommendations being provided by various CO events: evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews; and that monitoring data feed into management decisions.
- Maintain and improve the beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanism (as the current cornerstone of Nigeria’s accountability framework), ensuring staff capacity building where needed.
- Update and maintainCO specific MEL SOPs responding to contextual challenges, according to NRC’s MEL minimum standards ensuring necessary resources
- Technical input to programme monitoring and evaluation plans, including methodological guidance and resource planning
- Ensuring the roll out and use of global and regional MEL developments at the CO level. Also leading new technical developments to respond to MEL needs in the context.
- Lead the development, rollout, and updating of Nigeria specific MEL SOPs
- Contribute to fundraising through ensuring robust TOCs, MEL plans, log frames, MEL activities, budgets and staffing are incorporated into programme and project proposals
- Provide technical MEL support, guidelines and capacity building across the CO.
- Line manage CO MEL staff and capacity building for area office MEL staff and Programme Teams
- Ensure planning and quality control of all monitoring and evaluation activities throughout the PCM cycle, including technical support for Theory of Change, MEL plans, indicator reference sheets, data quality assessments and evaluation processes.
What you will bring:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated management experience in design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international projects or programmes
- Advanced degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field
- Technical competency and prior experience implementing various programme evaluation methodologies and approaches
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills;
- Advanced experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and tools
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience within supporting MEL for one of NRC’s core competencies is an asset
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Nigeria, please click here: UN jobs in Nigeria