- Country: Guatemala
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
Under the direct supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, in coordination with the IRC-Guatemala Financial Team and Finance Office at NCA, the main functions and roles assigned to the Finance Officer are included but not limited to:
· Actively support in the management of all operational aspects of the Finance and Accounting Office, especially related to PROEDUSOL
· Assist in the implementation of financial policies, procedures and systems.
· Guarantee compliance with the procedures and guidelines of IRC Guatemala and NCA-Finanzas regional headquarters.
· Review all payment records, maintaining and appropriately backing up accounting support documentation.
· Review advance payment requests, expense reports and spreadsheets for accuracy and completeness.
· Ensure legal payroll deductions are paid on time to avoid fines
Cash and Banking
· Receive payment requests (Payment Requests) for processing and review in accordance with internal financial and accounting requirements.
· Prepare checks or manage electronic transfers to make required payments
· Support requests for international fund transfers to the local financial institution (Bank of Central America – BAC Guatemala)
· Review bank and cash fund reconciliations, ensuring all records are correct and up to date, including preparing the Office cash flow report.
· Ensure the availability of funds in the bank account to cover monthly requirements
· Perform petty cash and Programmatic Funds audits, as designated.
· Serve as a technical resource person for the Finance & Accounting department
· Support the Finance Manager in the management of administrative and accounting processes, according to the programming and collaborative agendas of the assigned area
· Review all Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO) and ensure proper and correct coding of financial dimensions prior to approval.
· In coordination with the Logistics department, prepare commitment lists each month for financial obligations already subscribed, but not captured in financial reports.
Finance / Budgets
· Act at all times in accordance with local law and generally accepted standards of accounting practice and principles.
· Review funding allocations to allow for proper program targeting and proper budget coding.
· Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by the Finance & Administration Management, or the Office of the Financial Controller
· Assist in the preparation of the PROEDUSOL budget with the SMT of Guatemala
· Record and update financial information in the Sun system in an efficient and timely manner
· Assist in the review and updating of Sun & BvA financial reports
Subsidy Financial Management:
· Help ensure that all office budgets and PROEDUSOL and Country Office spending plans are aligned with planned expenses.
· Coordinate with the Programmatic, Operational & Financial Management the preparation of the Guatemala Office cash projection summary that will be presented to the Country Director for subsequent action.
· Ensure compliance with agreements with each of the donors, specifically in financial and accounting matters of the Partners.
Security / Communication
· Communicate with the main Finance office regarding security issues inside and outside the office with the guidance of the Finance & Administration Manager
· Inform the Finance & Administration Management about any irregularity that occurs within the IRC Office, the organization of personnel and the security sites indicated in the internal policies and procedures.
POSITION PROFILE – REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Advanced Diploma in Accounting
· Minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience, especially in International NGOs
· Computer literate with significant experience in Excel, knowledge of the SUN System accounting package will be an added advantage.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Flexibility, ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Advanced English (would be a plus)
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Guatemala, please click here: UN jobs in Guatemala