- Country: Yemen
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Monitor the WR’s email correspondence and information flow, identify priorities, prepare responses when appropriate.
- Coordinate flow of work at WR’s office, monitor progress and report to the WR to ensure implementation of overall strategic planning and development of resource mobilization and business development to achieve WCO YEM objectives.
- Research, analyze and summarize information gathered from relevant sources, identify trends or patterns to enable the WR to take data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Serve as focal point in WCO YEM for planning WRO meetings, prepare minutes, draw conclusions and follow up on timely and efficient implementation of recommendations and meeting outputs that require the active and direct intervention of the WR.
- Ensure coordination across the WCO to ensure coherence and alignment.
- Ensure adequate briefings and other material are prepared for WR’s travels and meetings.
- Serve as a secretariat to WCO Technical Advisory Group (TAG), Senior Management Team or any other WCO working groups organized by WR.
- Ensure regular and appropriate information flow is active between the WR and all sub-offices and keep the WR informed of critical issues
- Review and ensure quality control for all outputs and communications that emanate from the WR ensuring compliance with relevant mandates.
- Coordinate and collaborate with focal points on the preparation of speeches or presentations through working closely with speakers, gathering relevant information, conducting research, and organizing the content into cohesive and impactful presentations.
Essential: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international relations, business administration or management, public administration, or other related fields.
Desirable: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or any fields listed above as essential.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
Essential: At least 2 years of experience in project or programme management
Desirable: International exposure is an asset. Experience in international and/or multilateral organization in managing an executive’s office is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Very good organizational skills with ability to switch priorities at short notice and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with efficiency adhering to emergency and shifting priorities
- Excellent drafting skills with demonstrated ability in the development and editing of technical documents and reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, partners and government officials exercising tact and discretion
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Beginners knowledge of Arabic.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Yemen, please click here: UN jobs in Yemen