- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
· Conduct daily field visits in Mosul to identify legal needs.
· Provide legal representation before courts and administrative bodies on documentation, HLP, and family law, also detention (if requested), bases on the SOPs.
· Provide legal awareness sessions based in previously identified needs, to the communities, mainly on civil documentation, IDPs and Returnees rights, etc.
· Provide individual counselling to beneficiaries and advise on options to solve their particular legal problem (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution) and make recommendations on the best actions to take.
· Advocate on behalf of clients and make direct interventions with local authorities (e.g. phone calls, letters or meetings) or other organizations (NGOs) or international organizations (UN), were appropriate.
· Filing legal cases before administrative or other bodies in accordance with established procedures for legal representation (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution).
· Keep records of participants in legal awareness sessions and collect information of individuals benefited from legal counselling.
· Archive all legal cases in individual files, ensuring respect of confidentiality of data.
· Refer cases identified as needing non-legal assistance, or legal cases that need to be followed-up in another governorate. Cases can be referred both internally to other IRC services such as CP, ERD and WPE and used the internal forms for referrals.
· Prepare and send daily/weekly field reports to the Legal team leader / Protection Manager, also raise any protection concern or rights violation noticed in the area, according to best practices in term of confidentiality and safety of beneficiaries.
· Maintain correct and updated documentation of all legal activities on the CommCare data management system.
· Provide weekly work plan to supervisor outlining caseload and movements.
· Daily upload all the legal activities on CommCare system.
· Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: legal team leader
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: PRoL Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff.
External: IRC stakeholders.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in law.
Work Experience: 2-3 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian agencies, INGOs and/or in the private sector.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic, good level in English, and Kurdish is preferred.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA