- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
– Prepare project proposals; draw up plan of operation for implementation, including institutional arrangements for budgets.
– Assess refugee needs in the various fields of assistance and make recommendations for the establishment of projects, adjustment or discontinuation of existing projects and advise the Head of Office accordingly.
– Closely monitor the implementation of projects under the geographical area of responsibility and ensure the provisions under the agreements signed with the implementing partners are being adhered to.
– Regularly prepare written reports on the implementation of projects and the situation in the sites.
– Maintain good working relations with local government officials, implementing partners and other agencies in the area.
– Report immediately on any security problems that may occur affecting programme, beneficiaries and the smooth running of the operation.
– Provide assistance to UNHCR Technical advisers and consultants as well as visitors visiting project sites.
– Represent UNHCR in the Field.
– Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
– Approve expenditures within the DOAP.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law, Political Sciences,
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge of refugee law.
Good knowledge of UNHCR’s programmes.
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia