- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergruate
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
– Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and media).
– Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
– Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
– Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
– Support the monitoring of UNHCR’s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners’ activities.
– Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
– Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors’ contributions to UNHCR.
– Research/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
– Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
– Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR’s reporting policies and deadlines.
– May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact checking, proofreading and quality control.
– Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Journalism; Public Administration; Communication;
International relations; Political Science; Law;
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context. Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism. Donor relations or liaison with media.
DM-Data collection methodologies
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia