- Country: Ethiopia
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Participate in the annual assessment and planning cycle.
– Review that project agreements are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR’s rules, policies and procedures.
– Formulate and implement a performance project monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and MFT.
– Participate in the development of the direct implementation monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and other relevant functions.
– Support Programme and other relevant functions in the selection of implementation modalities.
– Track the management of project and direct implementation risks in collaboration with the Programme Unit, and report major risks to senior management.
– Review, analyse and verify Financial and Performance Partner Reports (PFR and PPR), and check accuracy and consistency between PFR and PPR, in accordance with partnership agreements.
– Undertake missions within the geographical area of responsibility.
– Monitor, track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget.
– Conduct reviews of the internal control systems of partners and provide advice as required.
– Provide feedback and recommendations of identified variants, risks and issues to the partner, Programme Unit and escalate to management as required.
– Prepare project control reports with the current status of programme implementation and financial status.
– Carry out timely project closure in coordination with the programme unit.
– Provide input to the mid- and end-year programme review process on issues related to project control and risk management.
– Maintain professional relationships with partners and UNHCR’s contractors.
– Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
– Report on financial and operational performance and risks related to projects and activities under direct implementation, and escalate issues to senior management.
– Recommend acceptance or non-acceptance of Partner Reports and payment of instalments.
– Advise on improvements related to implementing partnership and direct implementation management and internal controls.
– Contact partners for project related matters.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Business Administration; Economics; Management;
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting; Auditing; Assc Chartered Certificate Account
Chartered Inst. Of Management Account
Institute of Mgmt Accountants
Certif. Practising Accountant
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of international auditing standards.
Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good understanding of the workflows of major Enterprise Resource Planning financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle). Working experience with accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
FI-International Auditing Standards
EL-Monitoring and Evaluation
DM-Data Collection and Analysis
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia