- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
Scope of Work:
The consultant will support planning, grant management, monitoring and reporting activities of the Alliance. In addition, the consultant will support convening efforts of the Alliance, in particular the Annual Meeting for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
Task 1. Conduct Monitoring and Evaluation
• Develop and implement data collection tools including a joint field survey with UNHCR and CP AoR
• Collect and process data and results reported by Working Groups and Task Forces to assess the progress of the Alliance M&E framework
• Maintain and update the M&E framework
• Support the Secretariat to conduct Membership Review and develop a set of recommendations on effective membership engagement
• Support M&E activities during and after the external Annual Meeting
Task 2: Support fundraising and grant management
• Support working groups, task forces and the secretariat in developing concept notes and proposals, particularly on the 2021-2025 workplan
• Manage a central system to facilitate management of all grants.
• Follow up with UNICEF and Alliance grant holders to ensure timely spending of grants
• Maintain detailed understanding of budget flows and the impact of this on budget forecasting, and produce regular updates on financial performance
Task 3: Support planning processes for the Alliance
• Support the secretariat, WGs and TFs on annual workplan revisions and updating
• Document lessons learnt from the current work planning process to inform the next planning process
• Provide support to WGs and TFs as needed, such as copy-editing, identifying service providers, such as translators, and other support regarding the activities of the WGs and TFs
Task 4: Facilitate and produce donor and internal reporting process on Alliance activities
• Support preparation of donor reports in coordination with WG and TF in a timely fashion
• Facilitate Annual reporting against the work plan
• Compile the Internal Report on the Annual Meeting based on the survey results as well as internal reflections
• Support the Alliance to conduct a mid-term review of the Alliance Strategy Implementation (2021-2025)
• Provide inputs to UNICEF annual and mid-year planning and reporting exercise
• provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Alliance secretariat
Task 5: Support the Alliance convening efforts
• Support the organization of the Annual Meeting for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
• Support the organization of webinars, conferences, etc.
• Support the organization of the Alliance internal meeting
Task 6: Support the implementation of the Alliance Strategic Priorities
• Support the implementation of strategic plans
• Coordinate the Alliance’s efforts on climate crisis and child protection
- Bachelors degree/ University degree in relevant field, preferably in social work, public health, international affairs, psychology or development studies
- The individual should be highly proficient in a range of PC/web applications, including but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in humanitarian or development sectors;
- Strong writing and editing skills for publication;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Experience with planning and report writing, ideally within a network space;
- Demonstrable M&E skills;
- Familiarity with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and other fundamental documents related to the CP sector is desirable.
- Experience with managing events is desirable
- Experience in child protection in humanitarian settings is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA