- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 3 year
- Gender: Both
Workforce Operational Support:
– Assist in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
– Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks.
– Contribute to the development of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
– Provide support, guidance and trainings to HR staff.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
– Coordinate the process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of locally-recruited staff and affiliate workforce, also assisting with set up and running of (Regional) Assignments Committee where relevant.
– Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants. Ensure proper consideration is given to all applicants without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
– Analyse, track and report on recruitment and assignments trends for management, including efforts to reach gender parity.
– Take a proactive approach to risk management in the areas of recruitment, ensuring the issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
Advice to managers and staff, and contribution to an inclusive work environment:
– Build dialog and outreach with staff; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
– Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce’s health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
– Ensure that on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding support, is provided to colleagues. Induction programmes should include information on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct as well as workforce’s rights and obligations.
HR policies and inter-agency:
– Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
– Participate in the ICSC survey on living conditions and classification of duty stations as well as in the UN Country Team local staff salary survey and other local inter-agency HR-related fora and initiatives.
Duty of Care:
– Contribute to establishing and maintaining a medical evacuation plan with senior management, Field safety and the Senior Medical Officer.
– Assist in the security and medical evacuations of UNHCR personnel.
– Support the implementation of a Duty of Care strategy. Identify and assess issues related to duty of care including physical, mental health and safety of UNHCR’s workforce, promoting workforce balance.
For positions in Regional Bureaux only:
In the absence of a Senior Talent Development Officer in the Bureau:
– Contribute to the implementation of a talent development strategy for UNHCR workforce in the region, in line with UNHCR’s needs and staff members’ career planning.
– Contribute to the implementation of a talent sourcing and acquisition plan to identify talent mainly among but not limited to national staff and affiliate workforce in the region.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Human Resources Management; Human Resources Development; Personnel Administration;
Business Administration; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Experience working in Human Resources. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
Experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Administration, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy or talent development. Experience in HR information technology systems and tools. Experience in field humanitarian operations and/or emergency settings. Experience working with the United Nations. Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
HR-Local mass recruitment
HR-Talent Development and Nurturing
HR-HR data and people analytics
HR-Employee Relationship Management
HR-HR Business Partnering
MG-Client Relationship Management
HR-Inclusion, Diversity and Gender strategy design and implementation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya