- Country: UK
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Capture & Program Design
• Conduct extensive research and evaluation of cost drivers specific to each country, including aspects such as labor rates, employment regulations, travel expenses, training venue costs, operational cost, local inflation rates, procurement of equipment and supplies, and security requirements. This analysis strives to establish viable implementation approaches within the predefined cost constraints for forthcoming bids.
• Aggregate all budgetary details at the activity level, encompassing all anticipated interventions and necessary support provisions, into clear rough estimates. These comprehensive budgets should account for match arrangements and independent cost structures, aligning with the expected budget format and cost-narrative submission criteria.
Strategy & Proposal Development
• Review released solicitations to assess whether cost-related considerations might hinder the development of a competitive, compliant, and viable bid.
• Take charge of developing or modifying comprehensive tools sought at delivering high-quality cost and business application materials promptly. These tools encompass document checklists, partner document lists, and compliance matrices.
• Develop a comprehensive budget template or framework structure tailored to the specific proposal, along with the cost narrative. These tools should align closely with work plans and objectives. They should effectively showcase the competitiveness of pricing, fee arrangements, the feasibility of implementation, and the overarching strategy to secure the proposal successfully. When required, offer guidance and strategies for creating intricate budget templates (e.g., breaking down activities by desired outcomes) to present cost-related aspects most efficiently for each competitive proposal.
• Drive and/or ensure that pricing inputs from technical or other contributors are integrated effectively. Lead all aspects of detailed cost, and technical queries in anticipation of submission timelines.
• Collaborate in proposal design sessions to ensure that all cost drivers are adequately considered, drawing input from various collaborators, including staffing, management, different geographical locations, work plans, and targets at the activity level.
• Liaise partner and design sessions to gather and guide partner submissions, ensuring full compliance in line with client initiatives.
• Ensure adherence to IRC’s standard processes and policies, as well as compliance with solicitation requirements and client policies across a variety of opportunities and donors.
• Integrate all partner pricing inputs into the consolidated budget, budget narrative, and cost application.
• Degree (minimum BA) or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as public administration, business administration, management, economics, or similar.
• Proven knowledge of budget development and cost analysis, good practices; familiarity with project design methodologies, price-to-win approaches and proposal development processes is a plus.
• At least 3 years of professional experience, including experience with budget development of multi-million-dollar projects; international development, management and training experience is a plus.
• Demonstrates in depth understanding of USAID, UK FCDO or EU rules and regulations, particularly as they pertain to budget development; is able to identify donor-specific risks and design cost proposals in a way that mitigates those risks.
• The ability to work efficiently and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in an inclusive team environment, independently and ability to meet unexpected demands.
• Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and complementary teams.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to travel internationally; (up to 20% of time).
• Ability to work autonomously and under remote management.
• Proficient in written and spoken English is required; French, Spanish or Arabic is highly desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the UK, please click here: UN jobs in the UK