- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 6
- Gender: Both
- Manage internal and external emergency deployment mechanisms, including individualized follow-ups and deployment database management, in close collaboration with relevant colleagues in Headquarters divisions, Regional Bureaux and operations.
- Chair the Human Resources cell meetings when required.
- Develop/update UNHCR’s Deployment Management Strategy and its Partnership Strategy.
- Regularly update Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and relevant Information Notes related to emergency deployments.
- Develop/update communication packages to the field on emergency deployments and partnerships.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of emergency deployments statistics.
- Conduct regular analysis of emergency deployments, capturing lessons learned and providing recommendations for further improvements.
- Ensure existing standby partnership agreements are relevant and up to date. Initiate revisions as required, in close collaboration with partners and relevant divisions.
- Explore new partnerships in emergencies to enhance geographical and profile diversification.
- Where appliable, manage Deployment Partnership Agreements in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Represent UNHCR in Standby Partnership Network consultations, working groups, International Humanitarian Partnerships, and other related forums.
- Organize regular bilateral/multilateral consultations/meetings with Standby Partners to discuss priorities, needed profiles, opportunities, and challenges, in close coordination with relevant divisions, regional bureaux, and operations.
- Regularly review the use of ‘service packages’ offered by Emergency Partners, collect good practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of in-kind contribution services by Standby Partners, in collaboration with relevant divisions.
- Provide presentations on emergency deployments, emergency staffing and/or other support during the Workshop on Emergency Management (WEM), functional emergency rosters, and other occasions as required.
- Participate in the WEM to conduct in-person individual consultations with emergency roster members.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Political Science; International Relations; Refugee and Forced Migration Studies;
Development Studies; Peace and Conflict Studies; Security Economics; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Emergency Management Workshop – UNHCR; HCR Protection Learning Program – UNHCR;
HCR Management Learning Program- UNHCR
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Previous job experiences relevant to the function, including in refugee, IDP and/or other humanitarian emergency or complex operation(s) in the field. Demonstrated excellent drafting, analytical, communication, coordination and organizational skills. Team building, creative thinking, flexibility and time management to effectively respond to the rapidly changing needs of emergency operations.
Understanding of UNHCR’s Emergency Policy and related guidance. Good knowledge of UNHCR’s administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations. Good knowledge of UNHCR’s protection and programme at field level. Experience in developing strategies and SOPs, as well as providing capacity building.
PR-Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD)
PR-Accountability to Affected People – Principles and Framework
FO-Complex field emergency operations
CO-Drafting and Documentation
DM-Data Collection and Analysis
PG-Stakeholder management and coordination with Implementing Partners (Gov/NGO/Corporate)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland