- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 17 years
- Gender: Both
- Maximise effectiveness of digital engagement with priority audiences to help advocate, campaign for change and mobilise resources. Including engagement strategies, audience analysis and monitoring digital impact.
- Oversee the delivery of global web presence and mobile solutions ensuring high-quality content, digital publishing systems and creative storytelling features are in place and available across all country offices and specialist sites.
- Ensure secure, reliable digital solutions which meet high digital standards across key areas such as accessibility, availability, and other key performance areas.
- Ensure high-impact digital design products are created that enhance UNHCR’s ability to communicate its key messages to priority audiences. Provide brand guidance and support for UNHCR’s visual identity. Create guidelines and templates to ensure consistent communication of UNHCR’s visual identity. Ensure high-quality design service for websites and other digital products include design systems and user experience.
- Ensure best-of-class digital workplace is in place for increasing engagement, collaboration and knowledge sharing across UNHCR workforce, building connections with regions, empowering them with the necessary tools and maximising the capture and retrievability of organisational knowledge. Ensuring engagement tools supporting communities of practice are effectively used throughout the organisation.
- Strengthen internal communications across the organisation including between regions, operations, and HQ. Raise awareness of the key issues affecting the workforce and building a safe space for dialogue and feedback on these issues.
- Ensure systems for enhanced relationship management are rolled out across the organisation to improve donor relations, partnership management and accurate income recording. (Specifically, Salesforce and associated technologies)
- Develop training and capacity building programmes for Digital Engagement
- Work closely with Digital Marketing team to ensure that the organization is following best practice in the use of digital analytics, outbound messaging, and paid media services
Strategic vision, implementation, and coordination of UNHCR’s digital transformation
- Provide strategic guidance to the implementation of UNHCR’s digital transformation.
- Develop and deliver planning guidelines and tools for regions and offices in line with the existing strategy and planning framework in Compass.
- Maintain a digital transformation implementation plan across divisions and regions
- Put in place strong monitoring and evaluation and results framework to track progress of strategy delivery
- Maintain risk register for implementation of Digital Strategy
- Oversee pilot lighthouse programs to accelerate the digital strategy for key workstreams such as digital engagement with communities, digital protection (including addressing online Hate Speech, misinformation and disinformation impacting the people UNHCR works with and for) and digital accessibility.
- Coordinate the internal governance and decision-making processes supporting UNHCR’s Digital Transformation efforts Provide updates and advice to Senior Management on the implementation of the Digital Strategy, working with the thematic leads in the Task Team and in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- In collaboration with PSP and DRRM develop strategic partnerships with the private sector, governments and other partners and donors for implementing Digital Strategy and meeting its guiding principles. Including resource mobilisation and advocacy.
- Oversee, in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders, the further development of UNHCR policy and guidance to enable the implementation of the Digital Strategy and its guiding principles.
- Further develop and promote the operationalisation of practical approaches for the ethical and human rights promoting use of digital technology by UNHCR, including developing innovative solutions co-designed with the communities that UNHCR works with and for
- In collaboration with PSP and DRRM develop strategic partnerships with private sector and governments to mobilise resources, advocate for ethical use of technology and develop innovative solutions designed in consultation with the communities we work with and for.
- Build from the digital expertise of UNHCR staff in the regions, Operations and Divisions to design and develop a Centre of Excellence for Digital Transformation
- Strengthen the digital culture, establish digital champions, and encourage the adoption of digital approaches across the organisation.
- In close collaboration with GLDC, empower UNHCR colleagues to build capacity, skills, and knowledge in the area of digital transformation.
- Liaise with digital experts in the broader UN family, and other priority stakeholders to share knowledge, experience and build common approaches towards digital transformation, in line with the Secretary General’s Strategy on New Technologies, the Secretary General’s Digital Cooperation Roadmap, and the conclusions of the forthcoming Summit for the Future
- Ensure systems are in place for monitoring and knowledge sharing on opportunities emerging digital innovations and capabilities can bring and encourage thought leadership on digital topics from internal and external voices.
- Represent UNHCR in relevant forums and events related to digital transformation at the appropriate level to increase support for its work and promote UNHCR’s objective.
- Lead risk assessments and discussions with team(s) to proactively manage risks and seize opportunities impacting objectives. Ensure that risk management principles are integrated in decision-making both at strategic and operational levels. Allocate resources for planned treatments with resource requirements in Strategic Plans. Ensure that risks are managed to acceptable levels and escalate, as needed. If a Risk Owner, designate the Risk Focal Point and certify that the annual risk review is completed and ensure that the risk register is updated during the year, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For D1 – 17 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 16 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 15 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Communication; Web technologies; Technology;
Digital Marketing; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Relevant work experience in progressively responsible functions developing, managing, building and implementing digital engagement and communication strategies at least 5 of which for an international context.
Experience of delivering multi-channel advocacy campaigns incorporating social, news and online response mechanisms
Experience in developing, managing and developing high impact cross organisational digital transformation strategies
Proven experience of working in sensitive and fast moving fundraising, media and communication contexts.
Profound understanding of the digital landscape including trends in new tools and platforms.
Experience in managing digital teams and coordinating, technology, information and roles.
Extensive experience developing and rolling-out complex digital projects including wide range of digital tools and platforms to engage target audiences in a cause.
Proven experience of successful international web platform builds in more than one CMS system/structure, and within a single source content approach.
Proven experience in rolling out cross national marketing and language sensitive approaches.
Proven experience in delivery of results based digital engagement with proven experience in delivery across both financial (e.g. fundraising) and non-financial metrics (e.g. awareness, advocacy).
Strong track record of managing, leading, and coaching individual staff and teams, promoting decision-making by building consensus among involved players.
Proven ability to achieve results and implement strategies in a highly organized and action-oriented manner. Strong administrative capabilities.
Strong diplomatic skills, and highly developed political skills and judgment, and understanding of UNHCR’s external relationships.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland