- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 9 years
- Gender: Both
- Provide global leadership and guidance on MHPSS, both within as well as outside UNHCR.
- Play a leading global role in the development, adaption and implementation of interagency and technical guidance around MHPSS from the World Health Organization and other UN partners as well as in interagency platforms such as the Interagency Standing Committee (IASC) Reference Group for MHPSS.
- Provide global guidance, promotion and support for quality mental health and psychosocial support interventions, embedded in public health programming, based on UNHCR’s operational guidance for Mental Health and Psychosocial support.
- Establish and/or adapt UNHCR internal policies, guidelines and procedures to streamline inputs and improve efficiency of MHPSS programmes within the overall public health response.
- Promote strong programmatic ties and provide technical support and guidance for other functional areas related to MHPSS such as education, peacebuilding, community-based protection, child protection, gender-based violence, and refugee status determination to promote the integration of MHPSS in these areas.
- Catalyse global engagement around MHPSS with UN sister agencies, development and multilateral actors including Multi -lateral Development Banks.
- As global specialist, ensure the inclusion of mental health and psychosocial support considerations into relevant meetings, documents and policies for health, education and protection.
- Support the Divisions, Regional Bureaux, Country Operations and Global Clusters in the inclusion of MHPSS considerations and comprehensive holistic programming.
- Lead, support and/or conduct assessments, monitoring of country-level mental health programmes against standard UNHCR and international indicators to ensure that programmes are evidence-based and implemented in a comprehensive and cost-effective manner.
- Lead development of relevant global training curricula on MHPSS, adapt and conduct trainings, and act as global resource person in workshops and training both in-service (formal) and on the job (coaching).
- Provide global guidance and specialist advise on supervision of case management and of treatment of individual cases.
- Undertake support missions on request of Bureaux and Country Offices to emergencies as well as protracted refugee situations.
- Facilitate relevant operational research with academic institutions, UN agencies and others to improve the MHPSS response for forcibly displaced and stateless people.
- Synthesise and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Lead risk assessments and discussions with team(s) to proactively manage risks and seize opportunities impacting objectives. Ensure that risk management principles are integrated in decision-making both at strategic and operational levels. Allocate resources for planned treatments with resource requirements in Strategic Plans. Ensure that risks are managed to acceptable levels and escalate, as needed. If a Risk Owner, designate the Risk Focal Point and certify that the annual risk review is completed and ensure that the risk register is updated during the year, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4 – 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland