- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 9 years
- Gender: Both
All Senior positions:
- Support the effective implementation of UNHCR’s risk management strategy and policy and strengthening the risk culture in the AOR.
- Facilitate risk assessments and discussions with team(s) to proactively manage risks and seize opportunities impacting objectives.
- Ensure that risk management principles are integrated in decision-making both at strategic and operational levels.
- Promote the allocation of resources for planned treatments with resource requirements in Strategic Plans.
- Identify and escalate where risks are outside of acceptable levels and propose and support actions to reduce the risk level.
- Advise and support on risk management and oversight matters, assisting relevant colleagues in discharging their responsibilities and accountabilities to manage risks in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure risk management, ethical and integrity considerations are integrated into decision making, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and contingency activities in the AoR.
- Promote collaboration of different functions within the operation/Bureau/divisions to address cross cutting risks and issues.
- Support the implementation of oversight recommendations to improve risk management, compliance and quality of outputs.
- Assess the risks of fraud committed by forcibly displaced and stateless persons in UNHCR’s protection, assistance and solutions interventions and support the completion of the Fraud Vulnerability Checklist, where applicable.
- Work with internal and external oversight entities, develop and implement procedures to collect relevant data and efficiently track and report specific issues, trends and cross-cutting matters representing a high risk to the Operation(s) under AoR.
- Prepare or review and input to management reports to external stakeholders.
- Train and build capacity of UNHCR teams and partners in risk management to strengthen the culture of integrity and accountability. Monitor and track ERM training participation.
- Support and promote ERM best practices through the risk management newsletter and risk management community of practice.
- Provide field- based support and guidance jointly with Headquarters for organisational risk management developments and initiatives.
- Provide regular updates to managers and other relevant senior colleagues on matters related to risk management, compliance and quality, including on emerging risks and opportunities.
- Analyse risk management and oversight findings and recommendations; identify lessons learnt and root cause(s) of recurring systemic issues; prepare summary reports, with recommendations,
- Undertake support missions as necessary.
- Represent ERM / UNHCR in various internal and external for forums related to risk management, as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
In-situ and roving posts only:
- Coordinate and facilitate the risk review exercises with functional experts and management to agree on the operational risk register, and appropriate risk responses; facilitate, monitor and report on the implementation of agreed responses.
- In consultation with the Chief Risk Officer and the Regional Risk Adviser, assess the methodology, tools and practices related to the implementation of risk management activities in the operation to strengthen integrity, identify root causes of risks, and propose mitigating measures with a focus on prevention.
- Support the implementation of key risk mitigation actions in the operation.
- As required, follow-up on specific integrity, oversight and/or compliance matters and propose improvements.
Situational posts only:
- Support the Risk Management Adviser in coordinating and quality assuring the risk review exercise in the operations under the AoR, monitoring that appropriate action is taken to mitigate the identified risks.
- Contribute to the implementation of the cross-functional risk-based regional oversight monitoring plans of operations under AoR through missions and desk reviews.
- Contribute to the analysis of risk management and oversight findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to the regional risk report, summarizing key oversight themes and using risk information to highlight the highest risks, identify lessons learnt and root causes. Recommend improvements and enhancements on matters requiring management action or intervention.
- Conduct risk-based monitoring and support missions to countries under their AoR to assess the adequacy of risk management systems, structures, procedures and capacities Report back to the Senior Risk Management Adviser in order to help improve risk management methodologies, tools and practices.
HQ posts only:
- Promote the broader use of the risk management methodology in the organization through identifying opportunities for further integration of risk management into UNHCR’s policies, processes, training programmes and other initiatives.
- Support the Regional and Situational Risk Advisers, and the Chief Risk Officer in the quality assurance process for operational risk registers.
- Support regions and operations, as required, based on requests for dedicated support missions or remote support around risk management and risk assessments.
- Provide analysis on trends on risks at the global level.
- Contribute to global ERM workstreams and initiatives.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD – 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland