Brief Details About Administrative & Finance Assistant – UNDP – Pakistan:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-06-06
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures implementation of operational and financial strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of project Standard Operating Procedures in Administration and Finance, in line with corporate rules and regulations.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with project management.
Provides support to AFO in oversight over all administrative and financial management matters in the project, across federal, provincial and fields offices:
- Support to all provincial and field offices in logistics, procurement, finance and recruitment for the project, in accordance with corporate UNDP rules and regulations as well as donor’s requirements;
- Guides the work of provincial and district admin/finance staff;
- Prepare financial and administrative documents related to the project implementation;
- Develop quarterly and annual budget plans for recruitment of personnel; maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments and other data for day-to-day transaction and reports;
- Advise and assist Project staff, experts and consultants on all respects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial and administrative matters, and calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services;
- Provide organizational and administrative support in implementation of project activities including organization of round tables, workshops, trainings, working meetings and other events;
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required to handle all financial operations of the project office, make cash payments and reconcile all accounts in required time frame;
- Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment in accordance with UNDP rules;
- Perform cash custodian’s duties being primarily responsible for project’s cash disbursements and maintain project’s petty cash book and payrolls related to the regional offices;
- Ensure leave monitoring of project staff, check the accuracy and proper completion of monthly leave reports;
- Analyze the potential problems concerning administrative-financial issues and take respective measures to provide adequate project’s resources on time for implementation of the project activities;
- Encourage awareness of and promotion of gender equality among project staff and partners;
- Ensure full compliance of administrative and financial processes and financial records with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Define the cost-effective measures for optimal use of resources of the project;
- Perform other duties related to personnel, administrative and financial issues of project as required
Liaison on administrative/financial matters between the project, provincial and field offices and UNDP central units
- Responsible for ensuring that incoming finance/procurement/HR/administration related cases from (PMU, PIUs and FOs) have reached relevant departments at UNDP and processed to facilitate timely implementation;
- Act as the primary focal point for ensuring accuracy of project related information in corporate planning and reporting portals (ATLAS, IWP, etc.). Solicit input from other relevant staff where required to complete this;
- Ensure full compliance and universal application of administrative and financial processes and financial records with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as donor requirements;
- Jointly with AFO at PMU, guides the work of provincial and district admin/finance staff;
- Review and finalize all financial and administrative documents related to the project implementation prepared by PMU,PIUs and FOs:
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/programme/projects staff on financial management.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in financial management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
The incumbent of the position will uphold the non-discriminatory behavior and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UN”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings, etc
Required Education and Experience:
- High school or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance will be given due consideration.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and finance is required with High school education, or 2 years with Bachelor’s degree.