Brief Details About Administrative & Finance Associate Job at UNDP in Afghanistan:
- Job Location: Paktia
- Nationality: National
- Category: Admin-Clerical Finance
- Employment Type: Full Time
- No Of Jobs: 1
- City: Gardez
- Organization: UNDP
- Years of Experience: 6 years with High School Diploma or 3 years with Bachelor
- Gender: Male/Female
- Education: High School or Bachelor
- Close date: 2023-05-21
The United Nations General Assembly founded the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as an organization in 1966. Its mission is to eradicate poverty while establishing democratic institutions, the rule of law, and inclusive government. In 170 nations and territories, UNDP strives to end poverty while preserving the environment. To continue making progress, it aids nations in building solid institutions, collaborations, and policies. The UNDP places a strong emphasis on building local capacity for long-term development and self-sufficiency. In their efforts to end poverty, implement the climate change provisions of the Paris Agreement, and realize the Sustainable Development Goals, it assists nations and communities. Through five-year country programs that support initiatives aimed at luring investment capital, developing skilled laborers, and putting modernization into practice, the UNDP manages aid.
Apply also: Health Specialist Job at GIZ in Afghanistan
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or Public Administration.
Min. years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of six (6) years with High School Diploma, or three (3) years with Bachelor’s degree, of relevant experience with financial transactions processing and monitoring financial management and spot-check of financial transactions, work in various aspects of administration, including general administration and procurement.
- Knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Microsoft Office package, etc.).
- Working knowledge with spreadsheet and databases..
- Knowledge and familiarity with the region services is a requirement
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the competencies section:
- Experience with United Nations and/or multilateral and bi-lateral aid organizations.
- Prior UNDP experience and familiarity with its policies and procedures, particularly in the applicable job area, is an added advantage.
- Experience with documents and records management.
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative, proactive, reliable and impartial.
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in Dari and/or Pashto is required.
- Internationally recognized accounting certification will be an advantage
- Procurement certification would be an asset.