- Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
- August 3, 2023
Terms of Reference
The intern will work in the Administration Unit of UNHCR Representation in BiH, duty station Sarajevo. S/he will provide assistance to the Head of Administration Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the general admin and supply domain are properly implemented. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment in hand, the intern will receive regular guidance from his/her supervisor. S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or UNHCR Partners on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain administrative tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per UNHCR standards and practices.
The intern will contribute to the following tasks:
– Assists in maintenance of admin and supply records;
– Assists on general procurement matters; Maintains contacts with suppliers; Assist on preparing tender documentation; Assists on preparing payments to suppliers, etc;
– Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment locally and abroad and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records;
– Drafts correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative and procurement tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be confidential;
– May assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintains budgetary control records;
– Searches office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents;
– Assists in maintaining of an archive system and implementing UNHCR Records and Archives procedures and guidelines to ensure that the office’s records are managed through their life cycle in accordance with the procedures and guidelines. The task may include arranging of transfer of archive records from UNHCR units and offices to archive repositories, maintaining of archive repositories in good order and use the space efficiently, activities related to destruction of records in line with the procedures and guidelines, etc;
– Provides administrative and logistical support to the Unit, including with organizing meetings, events and translating documents;
– Participates in meetings and events as required, drafting minutes and reports;
– Prepares attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer;
– Performs any other duties as required.
Be a recent graduate (persons who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR) or be a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in the field of Business Administration, Office Management or other related field;
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship with UNHCR.
Candidates shall be nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina and be legally present in Bosnia and Herzegovina at the time of application, recruitment, and hire.
Fluency in local languages and English language is required.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bosnia and herzegovina, please click here.