Brief details about Air Operations Assistant – jobs in South Sudan:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Aviation and Air traffic (planning/management/services)
- Closing Date: 2023-06-16
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties of Air Operations Assistant – jobs in South Sudan are:
- Pre-Planning movements within the state, which is submitted to Mission Air Operations Center (MAOC) for approval.
- Preparing Air Tasking Orders (ATOs) from the Daily Flight Schedule (DFS) and supplying them to crew for execution
- Processing Daily Flight schedule into AIMS
- Observing all Flights in the states and those transiting from Juba or other Air Regions and providing timely resources to enable turn round.
- Coordinating with local civil aviation officials for smooth and efficient air functions
- Briefing aircrew and state aviation personnel on Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) and other available information involving flight operations
- Liaising with the state Field Administrative Officer (FAO) on all aviation conditions for the state and any TOB/COB/CSB within the state
- Securing mine and security clearance, and threat assessment reports
- Taking charge of all aviation property in the state including air support and aviation equipment
- Providing weather reports at destinations and alternate airports
- Reporting all changes and deviations to the MAOC duty officer and Chief Air Operations
- Reporting and filing all marked safety hazards in the state.
- a database of crew lists and Risk/Threat assessment forms.
- Checking Fuel status and availability both in the state and any appropriate TOB/CSB
- Preparing daily situation report (Sitrep) and submit to Juba after the last flight.
- Confirming the aircraft use reports (AUR) for state-based air assets on daily basis and file information in the relevant electronic databases in accordance with UN requirements.
- Assure all AURs are forwarded to Technical Compliance Unit in Juba on time.
- Monitoring crew duty times and air assets flight hour utilization
- Partake in capacity building to National staff members.
- Check the serviceability of aviation equipment on daily basis
- Check runway condition and submit HLS & Ramp hazard report to Juba before flight Operations.
- Provide apron administration and bay allocation for accommodating various categories of aircraft during peak hour.
APPLY ALSO: Radio Producer jobs in South Sudan
The requirements of Air Operations Assistant – jobs in South Sudan are:
- 3 years of background in the Aviation industry related to air transport operations, air traffic control or flight dispatch operations.
- General understanding of Aviation international regulations, ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
- Vocational Certificates in line with Aviation, Air/Flight Operations, Air Traffic Control & Flight Dispatch certificates are desirable.
- Basic certificate using computer software and database needed.
- Able to drive cars with manual transmission gear.
- Background in the use of VHF and HF radio equipment is desirable.
- Technical/vocational diplomas in line with Aviation, Air/Flight Operations, Air Traffic Control & Flight Dispatch certificates are desirable, including:
- Air Transport as a flight dispatcher,
- Air Traffic control either in the military or civilian
- Ramp or Airport airside operations
- Cabin crew or Flight engineer
- ICAO Government inspector for Airworthiness, Flight Ops or Licensing
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required
- Arabic understanding Level: Working knowledge, Desirable.