|PB-B1, USD (693) including food allowance & Government Tax
|No. Of Jobs:
|East – Regional Office / Laghman – Mehtarlam Field Office with travelling to the districts and provinces
|Years of Experience:
|Three (3) years of relevant experience in related Projects is required but experience in some NGOs is preferred.
|Fix Term till the end of Jun 2023 (Extendable)
|Bachelor’s Degree in veterinary animal husbandry is required
DACAAR is a nongovernmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan by promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organization employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Animal Husbandry Officer shall cooperate with the Field Officer, other Regional staff and in general all relevant staff members in DACAAR
- Participate in village organization meeting regarding the implementation of animal husbandry Project in the area (Regional office relevant projects).
- Supervise and technically help the female extension worker in the field office and make sure that they are following guidelines provided by DACAAR and personally visit all animal husbandry activities and on-farm trails regularly.
- Assign female extension workers to and making time schedules for the extension services
- Inform the Field Officer about any technical problems e.g. appearance of pest and disease.
- Try to encourage and constantly watch that contracted women are respecting terms or partnership with DACAAR and given technical advice.
- Inform Field Officer about procurement of agreed input and equipment to contracted women.
- Write monthly progress report and submit it to the field office
- Promote sustainability through women’s participation and involvement in all animal husbandry activities.
- Discussions with the community regarding new verities and techniques in the area.
- Collection and compiling of information regarding on-farm trials No of women received training in different subjects in the village organizations and submitting to the field project office in-charge at the end of each month.
- Apply the FFS approach, rule, and regulation during the project implementation.
- The Animal Husbandry Officer must strictly follow the organization’s existing security policies, procedures, and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
- Any other tasks giving by the supervisor
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in veterinary animal husbandry is required.
Experience: Three (3) years of relevant experience in related Projects is required but experience in some NGO is preferred.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Ability in team working, Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Organizational Skills and good FFS facilitation skills.
Languages: Pashto, Dari and English.
- Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
- Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
- 36 days of paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
- 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
- 10 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
- Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
- Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
- DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
- Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
- The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan