Brief details about Associate Reporting Officer – un jobs in
- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Addis Ababa | Mekele
- Grade: Junior level – P-2, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: June 15,2023
TheHigh Commissioner for Refugees ( ) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties of Associate Reporting Officer – un jobs in Ethiopia are:
- Maintain abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly, and monthly up-date for interior and exterior audiences (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyze data on programme performance , achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and assure the timeliness of such reports.
- Partaking in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to assure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Help the monitoring of UNHCR¿s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners¿ activities.
- Aid in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Help in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to improve donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Help in providing visibility for donors¿ contributions to UNHCR.
- Study/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from a regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of arrangements.
- Provide technical help, training, and clarification on UNHCR¿s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for exterior communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact-checking, proofreading, and quality control.
- Asset UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
APPLY ALSO: Guesthouse Supervisor unjobs in Ethiopia
- 3 years relevant background with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant background with a Doctorate degree
- Journalism; Public Administration; Communication; International relations; Political Science; Law; or other appropriate field.
- Background in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in program/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.