About Business Support Assistant Job at WFP in Pakistan:
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Sustainable trade and development
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-06-22
- Salary: Starting from 160,000 PKR/per month
The World Food Programme is an international organization within the United Nations that provides food assistance worldwide. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and the leading provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, WFP is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
- Other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Public administration, management, HR, commerce, social sciences or closely related field.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work,including at least one year in the field of human resources. Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes.
Has provided ad-hoc guidance to less experienced staff members.
Has provided briefing to new recruits as part of the on boarding process.
Has gained experience working across a range of WFP contexts and with varying strategic priorities.
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard software packages and systems.
Languages: Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of local language is an asset.