The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate/ university degree in Rural Development, Agriculture, Education, Nutrition, and Social Sciences; or a related field is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of MS office (Outlook, MS Excel, MS word).
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken communication in the Portuguese and English languages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
– Control and register delivery of services by external suppliers/service providers for offices cleaning, drinking water supply, stationery suppliers, cleaning products, etc. Support supervisor in conducting performance assessment and managing of relative POs.
– Maintaining accurate records of services/maintenance conducted on facilities in Premises Management logbook (water meter data, electricity counter, repairs, cleaning of the pool).
– Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
– Support Administration Unit in supervision of cleaners and maintenance of facilities.
– Support in management of booking requests for UN common meeting rooms.
– Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
– Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
– Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
– Be alternate focal point for receipt and registration of financial documents (invoices, vouchers, good receipt notes, waybills and etc..) submitted by vendors and subsequent delivery to the relevant unit/staff.
SUPERVISION (Level/Methods of Supervision)
The selected candidate will be assigned a Buddy and Mentor for support and guidance during their career learning journey.
The selected candidate will undergo a structured development programme which will be communicated on commencement.
The candidate will be required to provide an overview of their learning experience and key deliverables during and at the end of the 6-month programme. A detailed guideline will be provided by HR on the requirements of this process.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK – OUR BEHAVIOUR MATTERS
- Leads by Example with Integrity
Lives WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others.
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change.
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth.
- Applies Strategic Thinking
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things.
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds and nurtures external partnerships & collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Special Service Agreement – Level 4
Duty Station: Pemba, Cabo Delgado
Duration: 06 months
This position is open to Mozambican Nationals Only.
Female and qualified applicants with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
30th September 2023
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Mozambique, please click here.