Brief Details About Communications and Partnerships Internship at UNDP in India:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2023-05-15
United Nations Development Program is known as UNDP. The biggest technical cooperation organization in the world, it relies on non-repayable donations (grants) to function. Its primary focus is on country-specific projects, however it also includes regional, interregional, and global activities. It is funded by governments’ yearly voluntary contributions. The main objective of UNDP is to help every nation carry out sustainable development. In addition, it participates in several programs including democracy, the environment, and the Millennium Development Goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of UNDP India’s Communications Strategy, Annual Communications Plan and Key Performance Indicators
- Support content development for stories, op-eds, talking points, press releases and/or social media posts
- Assist team members in synthesizing information from UNDP programme and state teams including collating information for Gender Seal Strategy 2019-2022
- Carry out mapping of potential partnerships in accordance with UNDP’s private sector, media and celebrity engagement strategy. Support with contacts and engagement propositions.
- Support in preparing presentations, decks, pitches, toolkits and process documents.
- Assist in maintaining dashboards, meeting calendars for the Communications Unit
- Support the team with curation and coordination of events, campaigns, workshops highlighting the work of UNDP and building relationships within the ecosystem
- Build communication materials for events and help spread awareness through the relevant channels.
- Support with current and potential partnerships of the UNDP by conducting due diligence, providing background for private sector events and assisting in outreach to private sector partners
Other Requirements and Skills Required:
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Candidates with background in journalism, marketing and public relations will be preferred.
- Has sound knowledge of Microsoft office (Office 365, SharePoint Online)
- Ability to produce high quality documents with quick turnaround time.
- Good team player and ability to adapt to change in work environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and adjust accordingly as new priorities arise
Fluency in English, while understanding of Hindi is desirable