Brief Details About the Job:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- International Relations
- Communication and Public Information
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-10
The United Nations General Assembly created the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as a United Nations organization in 1966. Its goal is to help communities and nations eradicate poverty, implement the Paris Climate Agreement, and realize the Sustainable Development Goals. The UNDP places a strong emphasis on building local capacity for long-term development and self-sufficiency. It helps nations make the transition to democracy, offers technical assistance and advice on policy matters, builds institutional and individual capacity within nations, informs people about democratic changes and campaigns for them, encourages negotiation and conversation, and shares examples of what works. The UNDP has its main office in New York City, and its 36-member Executive Board is made up of representatives from both poor and industrialized nations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Research, Knowledge Management & Documentation:
- Support Ministry’s monitoring of relevant intergovernmental processes (including Beijing Platform for Action, UN General Assembly, Commission on Status of Women) and developments on the sustainable development goals and Agenda 2030;
- Assist in communication documentation and reporting on G20 and other intergovernmental dialogues;
- Participate in meetings with MWCD, align with the communications plan and assist in execution of the same;
- Analysis of documents/references from different departments from a gender perspective;
- Analysis and research of information, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation & identification of new opportunities;
- Prepare briefing notes and updates on gender issues;
- Prepare periodic progress reports of the work undertaken by the Ministry;
- Document and disseminate resources for initiatives under the such as case studies and best practices;
- Assist in preparatory work for review meetings with Secretary and Ministers, including, preparation of resource materials, agenda papers, minutes etc;
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
Apply also: Finance Specialist- UNIDO
Communications and Coordination:
- Facilitate coordination and manage communication for MWCD in close collaboration with the relevant focal points;
- Support the comms focal point in planning, organizing and documenting for events organized by MWCD;
- Assist in preparation of knowledge resources, communications, presentations and background material for internal and external use, including fact sheets on thematic issues as well as state specific content for websites and social media;
- Coordinate with the communications focal point on press releases, opinion pieces and social media messaging;
- Draft/and or conduct interviews and collect quotes from partners, and/or at workshops and events;
- Coordinate monthly meetings with UN Women and MWCD Joint Secretary. Ensure regular communications between UN Women and MWCD;
- Support the Ministry’s engagement and follow up in bilateral and multilateral forums.
- Creation of communication material – online and offline media, presentations, and background material for internal and external use;
- Support communications efforts with the organisation of events;
- Produce press, media and advocacy related material, such as press releases, social media messages, factsheets and knowledge materials;
- Assist in planning and execution of MWCD’s communication plan for G20;
- Ideate and create new communications products
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Science, Political Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Gender Studies, or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in supporting knowledge creation services and hands-on experience in communications and coordination.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Previous work experience with UN agencies are considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English.