|No. Of Jobs:
|With Travels to Provinces where the events will be conducted
|Years of Experience:
|Experience in working with Kochis. Experience in working on humanitarian and minority focused projects. Experience with international organizations is preferred.
|University degree in International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law, Public Administration or any other related field with strong experience related to Kochi Engagement.
About Geneva Call:
Geneva Call works to enhance civilian protection through humanitarian engagement with armed organizations and weapon barriers. Program objectives could be summarised as below:
– Conflict-affected communities have improved knowledge of international humanitarian norms as enshrined in relevant law;
– Weapon barriers and their leaders have increased knowledge of international humanitarian norms, act to enforce these norms and sanction violations within their organizations, and work to strengthen compliance with these norms throughout their areas of operation and control;
– Communities and armed organizations collaboratively identify and use safe channels to engage in constructive dialogue to highlight matters of grave humanitarian concern and generate space and will for these to be addressed.
Geneva Call currently implements three projects in Afghanistan and works in seven provinces of the country. These cover 1. Promoting the Protection of Civilians and Inclusive Dialogue Through the Humanitarian Engagement of Minority Groups in Afghanistan, and 2. Promoting Rapid and Unimpeded Passage of Humanitarian Aid in Afghanistan.
Geneva call aims to be able to work with a diversified group of communities and discuss protection needs and challenges during its training and workshop sessions. In light of this, Geneva Call has decided to invest time and resources into a targeted intervention to engage with Kochis/ Afghan Nomads, who are a significant minority group in Afghanistan.
This TOR serves to solicit for a consultant to direct and coordinate GC efforts toward engaging and working with Kochi communities in Bamyan, Kunduz, Balkh, Maidan Wardak, Takhar, Nangarhar, Kunar, Logar and Kabul provinces, with potential for growth. The activity rate for the consultancy is 80% and the duration of the consultancy is for three months; all deliverables must be achieved and reported to Geneva Call before May 31, 2023.
The focal point for the project and technical management will be the Geneva Call Head of the Programme.
For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all programmatic, administrative, financial, and HR information.
- The total number of activities is 12;
- (2) Activities in Nangarhar province: Mine Risk Education/ First Aid training/ Awareness Raising session on humanitarian norms
- (2) Activities in Logar province: Mine Risk Education training/ First aid training/ Consultation
- (2) Activities in Kabul: Awareness raising session on humanitarian norms for religious leaders/youth
- (2) Activities in Kunduz province: Awareness raising session on humanitarian norms / Mine Risk Education training / Consultation
- (1) Activities in Mazar province: Awareness raising session on humanitarian norms / Mine Risk Education training / Consultation
- (2) Activities in Wardak Province: Mine Risk Education Training/ First aid training/ Consultation
- (1) Activities in Bamyan province: Awareness raising session on humanitarian norms / Consultation
- Activities must be in line with GC mission and the relevant project’s outcome namely: Strengthened protection of civilians in Afghanistan through a multifaceted strategy, which includes 1) building knowledge of humanitarian norms, IHL and the protection of rights of civilians and, 2) advocating for a culture of co-existence and dialogue between Armed Organisations (AOs) and diverse conflict affected communities. The specific output under which this activity is conducted is the decreased incidence of localized conflict. Hence, each activity must show how it contributed to the above-mentioned output: this should be clarified in the activity report.
- The location of the activities and the type of activity may change according to developing GC needs.
Timeline and time allocation for the activities:
- For each activity, it is required to do coordination (1 day), conducting the event/training (2 days), and reporting (1 day); the total number of the working days for the 12 events is 48 days.
- 5 Days for the complete and comprehensive report to highlight the outcome, challenges and recommendations.
- 6 Days for the development of PRs and clearance of the financial documents before and after each activity.
University degree in International Humanitarian Law, International Human Rights Law, Public Administration or any other related field with strong experience related to Kochi Engagement.
Experience in working with Kochis.
Experience in working on humanitarian and minority focussed projects.
Experience with international organizations is preferred.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Kochi community; planning, coordination, and presentation skills.
Required: English, Pashto, and Dari
To apply, please send your cover letter (technical and financial proposal), your CV in PDF format, and three professional references to email@example.com, Ref: “Consultant – Kuchis’ Engagement” no later than 21 February 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processing.
Geneva Call requires a Consultant for the Kuchis’ Engagement urgently considering its requirements. Therefore, the interested applicants will be supposed to join the soonest possible.
The consultancy requires travels to provinces and the logistical costs will be covered by the consultant not Geneva Call; therefore, while applying please share your Cover Letter, CV, the Financial Proposal and Technical Proposal.
The consultant will be required to do the coordination prior to the conduct of the event with the relevant authorities, logistical arrangement for the events and to write a report after each activity is complete.