Brief Details About Cook Job at IRC in Kabul, Afghanistan:
Job Location: Kabul
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on IRC Salary Scale
Vacancy Number: 001 – 23
Organization: IRC (International Rescue Committee)
Years of Experience: One year relevant experience
Contract Duration: Regular
Education: 12 grade
Close date: 2023-05-11
The IRC reacts to the biggest humanitarian disasters in the world and assists people in surviving and reestablishing their lives. The IRC, which was established in 1933 at Albert Einstein’s request, provides refugees who are compelled to leave conflict or natural disasters with life-saving treatment and transformative support. We are now restoring safety, dignity, and hope to millions of people who have been uprooted and are fighting to survive in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities. Leading the road from danger to home is the IRC.
In 1988, the IRC launched its national initiative in Afghanistan. Our initiatives include a wide spectrum, concentrating on child safety, education, economic well-being, health, and power. They also include early recovery and development activities.
Apply also: Driver job at ILO in Afghanistan
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing, and mixing ingredients.
- Bake, grill, steam, and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other foods.
- Present, garnish, and arrange final dishes.
- Maintain and clean the equipment and materials in good and clean condition.
- Cook food with various utensils or grillers.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check the quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Cook plans, prepares, and cooks food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience.
- They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently.
- They ensure proper food handling, sanitation, and following food storage procedures.
- To give full support to cooks and make sure everywhere are clean and well set up in Kitchen
- Be flexible with all staff and have good communication with everyone during servicing the food to staff
- Proven experience as a cook
- 1-2 years experience in cooking and supporting the cook and
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; a Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage.
The Human Resources Department should receive applications from interested applicants together with copies of their CVs (NOT educational or employment certificates) at the following address or through email at (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org).
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted directly to schedule an interview and written test. if you don’t hear from anyone TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the deadline. Please be aware that your application for the position was unsuccessful.