- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: Senior level – Senior
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-03
As well as providing humanitarian response and seeking new routes to greater impact, NRC’s Yemen programme has built a strong importance for humanitarian analysis and advocacy and seeks to continue to strengthen both arms of this agenda over the coming years, in partnerships with local and global actors.
All NRC workers are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and responsibility. These attitudes and beliefs guide our actions and relationships.
- Development and delivery of a new country strategy, with revisions built in on an annual basis
- Constant evolution of the country programme to ensure new opportunities and constraints to favor wider and deeper impact, in line with the Regional and Global strategies
- Delivery of content for global advocacy on the Yemen humanitarian situation
- Build collaborative relationships with both the management of East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region as well as the neighboring Middle East Regional Office (MERO
APPLY ALSO: Programme Associate WFP
- Knowledge of Yemen, the Middle East region or a alike context is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the humanitarian sector and an ambition to improve and reform it for greater accountability and impact.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the role of advocacy and broader influencing in bringing about change and impact at scale.
- Ability to lead and build teams to grow through high degrees of self-sufficiency and remote support.
- Strong budget management experience with proven record of delivering programmes on time and on budget in compliance with lowest NRC and donor requirements and ensuring that necessary systems are in place.
- Proven knowledge in overseeing all operational activities including finance, logistics, human resources, office administration, ICT, etc.