- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-09
- the system level and not incremental by design;
- inclusive, overcome gaps in both digital and analog;
- directions, support green and sustainable development pathways.
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Innovation Specialist and in close collaboration with digital focal points, the Digital Transformation Specialist will lead on supporting design and adoption of the “digital by default” approach to programming in support of the CO and BRH teams. The Digital Transformation Specialist will coordinate the context-tailored support via sub-regional digital consultants. (S)he will facilitate cross-country learning to support coherence of the regional digital portfolio and articulation of new digital programmatic offers to support scaling of initial investment in the region. With support of Strategic Learning and Visual Designer, (s)he will lead on codifying and positioning emerging digital transformation approaches for broader adoption and scaling across the region and beyond. Specialist works in close collaboration with the whole Regional innovation team, CDO, Strategic Innovation Unit, GPN, Bangkok Regional Hub, and Country Offices for resolving complex programme-related issues and delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in digital transformation, innovation, technology management, social science, economic, or relevant fields.
- 5 years of professional working experience in fields related to international development for candidates with a Master’s degree, or 7 years of professional working experience in fields related to international development for candidates with a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience with digital transformation, E-governance, innovation, work with governments, donors, and/or development partners is highly desirable.
- A proven track record of working directly with Governments/multilaterals on Digital Transformation/Digital Government/Public Service Delivery systems/projects, preferably in a developing country context;
- Demonstrated experience in providing digital transformation advice;
- Proven expertise of building cross-sector partnerships and cross-culture understandings;
- Proven experience with advancing new ways of working in organizations and/or companies;
- Proven expertise in the field of results-based management and performance indicator management and reporting;
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals;
- Ability to engage collaboratively with partners (including other UN agencies), donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of project and fund management (budgeting, expenditure, reporting) related procedures to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled;
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, international development, emerging technologies, system transformation, and social innovation an asset;
- Experience in digital innovation in developing countries or social impact and/or living or working in developing countries is a plus.
- high level of English understanding is required. Working knowledge of a second UN official language will be an asset.