|No. Of Jobs:
|Zarghon Shahar /زرغون شهر
|Years of Experience:
|3 years’ relevant experience in implementation of education
|12 class graduate
Asia Community Development Organization (ACDO) is an Afghan non-governmental, non-political and non-profit humanitarian organization founded in 2014 register with the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) under the supervision of the Ministry of Economy (MoEc) with a mission to provide humanitarian and development assistance to the vulnerable, at-risk and underserved people throughout the country.
ACDO responds to the needs of disadvantaged and marginalized rural and urban communities by managing and utilizing the available scars resources in a well, efficient, transparent and dignified manner to enhance resilience, boost access to education, ensure food and livelihood security, and promote social protection and inclusion.
ACDO has active presence at least in nine provinces in five regions of the country and intends to expand its operations to the remaining provinces as well with the aim to transform itself into a leading and developed organization which will deliver to and support significant number of people who had been affected by the long protracted and sudden on-set emergencies in Afghanistan. Regardless of the hardest circumstances that existed in Afghanistan in 2022 and 2021, ACDO has managed to deliver humanitarian and development assistance in Nangarhar, Herat, Balkh, Kabul, Kandahar, Bamyan, Wardak, Jawzjan, Paktia, Kunduz, Takhar, Laghman, Daykundi and Farah provinces.
The Social Mobilizer will be responsible to maintain close relationship with the communities to facilitate smooth project implementation through public awareness, community mobilization and contribution in the event of a major humanitarian emergency, Establish effective relationship with the district governor office, district education department and district literacy manager. the role holder will spend 80% of his working time in the field. Each community should be visited by-weekly or more, as needed, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Engage effectively with community development councils, school management shura and cultural associations for project implementation.
- Conduct awareness raising meetings at DLM office, Mosques and other community centers and inform them on project implementation.
- Establish village literacy committees in the target villages.
- Share information on the objective, mechanism and operation of VLCs.
- Link VLCs to the district education office and district literacy committee.
- Establish and supervise adult literacy courses in the target communities.
- Identify and recruit facilitators for the adult literacy centers.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the adult literacy centers.
- Establish learning associations between neighboring communities/villages.
- Prepare a list of essential resources for Adult Literacy associations.
- Encourage learners and their families to join further learning opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a database for courses and VLCs.
- Prepare and submit timely and evidence-based reports to the PPC.
- Base on regular monitoring of literacy classes develop monthly monitoring report and share to PCM in monthly base.
- Follow up with DCM on getting monthly based monitoring report, compile, verify and share the complied provincial level monitoring report to ACDO provincial team.
- Co-Lead the facilitator in service training at the local level.
- Share the facilitator in service training report to PCM including all financial documents.
- Lead the monthly coordination meeting between facilitators in their respective districts.
- Any other related task as assigned by Provincial Community Mobilizer and/or Senior Management Team (SMT).
- At least 12th grade graduate
- Master degree with 2 years of relevant experience, bachelor degree holder with 3 years of relevant experience and 12th grade graduate with 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the relevant or similar position in humanitarian projects is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skill in Pashto /Dari, skills in English will also be an asset.
- Knowledge of the community structure, dynamics and development.
- At least one years of experience in community mobilization, particularly for community participation, conflict resolution and resource mobilization.
- Knowledge of the value of education in Holy Islam, the child development and the current trends of education in Afghanistan.
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures
- Experience in needs assessment, project monitoring and evaluation, and program development
- Good knowledge and experience in Afghanistan education system/context, education in emergencies (EiE), and child protection (CP)
- Experience in coordination with government authorities, communities, donors and beneficiaries
- Fluent oral and written skills in Pashto and Dari, fluent in English is plus point
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position and submit their applications (Cover Letter and CV together) NOT Educational and Work Certificates, to the attention of the Human Resource Department at email@example.com until 04:00pm (Afghanistan Standard Time) on Feb 09, 2023.
Please clearly indicate (District Community Mobilizer – Hazrat Sultan/حضرت سلطان – VA-57-2022) in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will be directly disqualified from the process. ACDO will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at their earliest.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and consequently for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.