The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian organization working to assist in the reconstruction of Afghanistan. SCA’s interventions inside Afghanistan began in 1982. Today SCA runs four major development programmers within Disability, Education, Health and Rural Development and is one of the largest NGOs in the country. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), race, color, religion, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.
Scope of work:
The Driver of the ambulance is responsible to ensure proper preparation of vehicles prior to any tip. He is required to handle and drive the vehicle in a responsible and careful way, ensuring adherence to SCA rules and the traffic law of the country. As carrier of SCA staff and goods the driver is also required to take security considerations seriously; arriving to destinations before darkness, avoiding potential danger spots such as unused roads (mines), crowds, military convoys, etc.
- To take care of vehicle and report the /Admin/Finance officer in case it becomes out of order.
- To undertake long and short trips as required
- To bring and take back the SCA staff before and after the formal time daily.
- To properly check oils and fuels of his/ her vehicle during trip
- To sign all the related document of his/ her trip by related officer
- To fill in the vehicle log book properly
- To be helpful to the passenger within the limit of Logistics rules
- To wash his vehicle and keep clean it all the time
- To supply goods to the project site with the help of suppliers
- To report his/ her arrival and departure from any regional offices or Admin/Finance officer
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least lettered
- Fluent in Dari & Pashto, written
- Honest, active and well mannered
- Valid driving license in a must
- Local residency is mostly preferred
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience in national and international organization.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (HRM/JRMO 018-23 Driver ) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman, or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references are not needed to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test/interview.