|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Vacancy Number:||SVN-KBL- 022-23|
|No. Of Jobs:||4|
|Years of Experience:||A minimum of two or more years of work experience as an armored vehicle driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record.|
|Contract Duration:||Six months with possibility of extension|
|Education:||Completion of High school education with two years driving experience. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Fleet Manager and the overall supervision of the Logistics/Procurement Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible for driving of IOM vehicles.
- Drive IOM vehicles efficiently and in safely manner for the passengers in conformity with local road traffic rules and regulations. Maintain high quality of driving conduct.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthy conditions. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine, oil, fan, belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs as needed and seek for assistance when major mechanical problems occur. Advice the Dispatcher in case of service or repair judged necessary after field trips or in between regular scheduled service.
- Vehicle must at all times be kept clean, interior and exterior
- Ensure that the vehicle undertake regular service intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has sufficient fuel to accomplish the designated runs. Prior to departure for field trips ascertain the perfect running conditions of the vehicle and to have the tank full.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure to complete the car log sheet for mileage and fuel consumption control.
- Submit proper receipt for purchase of fuel or any other needs related to the vehicle prior authorization.
- Record and document any accidents or collisions however minor and report such incidents to the Fleet Manager/Dispatcher and Security Office.
- Be prepared to work flexible longer hours and to travel long distances whereby several overnight stays may be necessary in different regions of Afghanistan and surrounding countries.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness which involves IOM and its officials.
- Collect and deliver mail/documents as assigned.
- Hand over waiver form to none IOM personnel in case IOM vehicle is being used by.
- Having always updated valid driving license.
- Make sure all vehicle movements are coordinated with Dispatcher/Fleet Manager and further reported to the radio room.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- In depth knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of safety standards and use of safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to apply mandatory documents on safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Must be client-oriented, and have high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completion of High school education with two years driving experience. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
- Two or more years of work experience as an armored vehicle driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles.
- Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Fluency in English, Pashto and/or Dari, preferable both.
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application via email to email@example.com with SVN-KBL- 022-23 on the subject by 23 February 2023 at the latest.
Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account.
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here.