- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Tehrān
- Grade: Junior level – NO-B, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2023-05-13
The duties for Education Officer are as follows:
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable . Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies whole on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for Education Officer -UNICEF are as follows:
Overview of key procedures/responsibilities:
1. Help to programme consequence and planning
2. Programme administration, monitoring and delivery of results
3. Technical and functional support to programme implementation
4. Networking and alliance building
5. Innovation, knowledge administration and capacity building
The requirements for Education Officer – UNICEF are as follows:
- A university degree in one of the following majors: education, psychology, sociology or another appropriate technical domain.
- A minimum of two years of proficient experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education.
- Proficiency in Farsi and English. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is advantage.
- Applicable experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset