Brief Details About Executive Associate Job at WHO in India:
- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-7, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The World Health Organization is known as WHO. It is a specialized organization of the UN in charge of global public health. The company’s headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland, and it was founded on April 7, 1948. The main goal of WHO is to guarantee that everyone may achieve the maximum degree of health, which is a fundamental human right. The organization pursues this objective through serving as a thought leader on issues pertaining to global health, directing the agenda for health research, establishing norms and standards, aiding nations with technical assistance, and observing and analyzing health trends. The Millennium Development Goals, COVID-19, and mental health are just a few of the health concerns that WHO has been actively involved in tackling.
Apply also: Operations Associate Volunteer Deployment Job at UNDP in India
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily operation, maintenance and repair of all SEARO office buildings and storage premises to ensure sustainable and quality functioning and/or continuous availability of all building utilities, building technical support systems, civil engineering infrastructure, ancillary equipment, furniture and furnishings. Make recommendations for resolution of unusual engineering or technical complications.
- Coordinate and supervise BMS and/or essential contractual staff to carry-out daily buildings and facilities operations regarding buildings management services, including housekeeping, engineering services, premises safety and security, preventive/maintenance, repair and alteration/upgrade.
- Establish requirements and draft technical specifications and soliciting requests for proposals/quotations and/or competitive tendering for BMS services, equipment and goods in accordance with WHO procurement and financial rules and regulations.
- As directed, assist with organizing and overseeing refurbishment/new construction works, new installations and contractual services. Coordinate with consultants, and contractors to ensure the quality of works/services performed is in accordance with set terms and conditions, objectives and codes and standards. Supervise work and undertake final inspection, remedial actions and commissioning of the work. Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all associated invoices.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of engineering drawings for all new building infrastructure, equipment and systems. Draft preventive/corrective maintenance schedules, SOPs, etc. for BMS use, including BMS/Facilities Handbook for staff.
- In close coordination with Executive Security Assistant (ASU) and supervisors, support the required security and safety infrastructure, and draft emergency plans, conduct fire and evacuation drills in coordination with UNDSS and concerned national authorities.
- Coordinate with local utility providers, national authorities, etc. as needed to ensure that all utilities supply, permits, etc. are in place for building occupation by staff.
- Ensure a sustained safe and clean office working environment through regular inspection and control of indoor air quality, pest control, drinking water quality, food quality, etc. based on established contractual service levels and relevant local and international codes and standards.
- As directed, support space planning/allocation/accommodation activities, staff relocations and meetings and conference services support upon receipt of requests from technical units.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Experience Required:
Essential: Secondary school education with additional trainings in buildings management, facilities management, project management, engineering or a related field.
Desirable: University Degree from a recognized technical institute in engineering, architectural or a related field. WHO only considers higher education qualifications obtained from an accredited institution. The list can be accessed through this link http://www.whed.net
Knowledge of basic building occupational safety and environmental health standards for building complexes.
Training/knowledge of work-related computer applications, air-conditioning systems, building equipment and infrastructure, etc.
Essential: Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience in buildings management involving the operation and maintenance of electrical systems, safety and security systems and other major technical building support systems/equipment.
Desirable: Practical experience in an international organization in the coordination of multi-skilled technical teams with overseeing the preventive maintenance of building infrastructure, including direct oversight of building and facility contractual support services.
Knowledge and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software for office space planning purposes.
Good knowledge and skills in supervising and undertaking day-to-day operations, maintenance and repair work on building premises, including practical hands-on experience with sustaining electrical systems, life safety systems, ventilation, air-conditioning systems, grounds and other major technical building support systems/equipment. Knowledge of applicable local laws, regulations and codes for building complexes.