|Based on the organization salary scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Years of Experience:
|Work Experience. (1) year of security experience is required. Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located is required. Knowledge of security rules, regulations, and procedures of UN including fire safety and first ai
|Education: High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license free of driving violations.
United Nation Assistant Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA)
Within delegated authority, the Field Security Guard at this level may be responsible for the following duties:
- Implement the SOP access control procedures (entry/exit of vehicles and pedestrians)
for the compounds ensuring safety security of the organizational premises and staff.
- Undertakes routine patrols of assigned areas, maintaining continual surveillance against fire, water leakage and any other occurrence which might damage premises or staff and keeps up to date records of patrols.
- Assists in the investigation and reporting on all incidents related to the organization of the premises that
involve a breach of security procedures, injuries or theft and reports back to supervisor.
- In case of incidents or emergencies in the organization’s premises, instructs staff and visitors of security
procedures including fire control procedures and evacuation where necessary; and ensures the physical security of premises and staff.
- Issues building passes where appropriate.
- Opens and closes buildings. Checks that all office machines, air conditioners, lights etc. are turned off after
- Responds to enquiries and provides appropriate information or suggests alternative sources of information.
- Maintains security personnel lists.
- Assists in liaising as necessary with police authorities, local administration, fire services and other
- Perform other official duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license free of driving violations.
Work Experience. (1) year of security experience is required. Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located is required. Knowledge of security rules, regulations, and procedures of UN including fire safety and first aid procedures. Prior knowledge of standard security and safety procedures in order to undertake both patrols of buildings and grounds and routine monitoring and grating of entry to the premises and physical fitness is desirable
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in oral and written Pashto and Dari/required.
UNAMA will only accept properly completed and signed Personal History Form (P.11) received by email before the closing date. CVs or Resumes will not be considered nor will late submissions after closing date. Any information provided on the P.11 form will be considered binding.
Applicants must accurately complete, sign and date the United Nations Personal History form (P.11) and submit the duly completed signed P.11 by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Important Note: Applicants should copy and paste the Vacancy Announcement (VA) Number which is VA#03/01/2023 into the email subject line when submitting the duly completed and signed P.11 Form and the required documents. Please do not add any other information in the subject line of your email except VA#03/01/2023. Please do not add any additional words or space in the VA Number. Applications received without a VA Number will not be considered.
- The selected candidates will be subject to a reference checks process to verify the information provided in the P.11 form.
- Only applicants who are short-listed will receive an acknowledgement within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the deadline indicated on the VA.
- Required documents to be submitted along with the signed and completed UN P.11:
- Serving UN staff members: In addition to the completed and signed P.11, scanned copies of two most recent e-Performance Evaluation Reports must be submitted with the application.
- For External applicants: In addition to the completed and signed P.11, scanned copies of two most recent performance evaluation reports or if not available, two reference letters. If the applications received do not contain the latest two performance evaluation reports candidates must provide a short explanation as to why they are not available.
The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information in applicants
Applicants are reminded that the United Nations cannot appoint a person who is the father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister of a staff member. For this reason, applicants are required to disclose at the time of their application, whether they bear any of the above relationships to a staff member of UNAMA or any other UN entity which is part of the Secretariat. In addition, selected candidates would be required to complete a family declaration form prior to assuming their duties with the Mission. Failure to disclose any of the above relationships constitutes a material omission, that could lead to termination or dismissal from the United Nations.