As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have more than 19,500 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
A. Overall Responsibility.
The Junior Accounting Specialist Supports in:
- Dealing with all questions that arise in the area of Winpaccs Accounting, Filing and Archiving.
- Identifying relevant problems and issues, communication on the same, and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions.
- Acts as the custodian of the Journals assigned to him or her.
- Further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change.
- Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information; and,
- Acts as the focal point for all issues related to the Journals assigned to him or her.
The Junior Accounting Specialist performs the following tasks:
- Managing Winpaccs Accounting for the Relevant Journals.
- In line with the PuR, Is responsible for posting weekly/monthly entries carried out by the finance section in the Winpaccs Accounting software.
- Is responsible for reviewing the bank account reconciliation activity and cash account reconciliation activity on a monthly basis;
- Reports any discrepancies in balances within the petty cash/safe to the Unit Manager.
- Carries out all follow up tasks to Posting. This includes:
a. Generating, following up and archiving soft filing and hard copy reports.
b. Ensures journals are duly approved.
c. Communicates any special events to the Head of Administration and finance and the Unit Manager.
d. Ensures timely communication with Project AVs and Admin & Finance Teams on status of the project accounting.
- Supports the Unit Manager in discussions and meetings with other GIZ Office Units on overlapping process and developing understandings of PuR.
- Reports to the Unit Manager & the Head of Admin and Finance any problems or issues on a timely basis.
- Financial Services
- monitors income, expenditure, and carries out a monthly review of the bank statements for the Journals he or she is responsible for. Informs the Unit Manager and the Head of Admin and Finance on all issues of concerns.
- Supports the Unit Manager in managing cash forecasts and monitors the same.
- Provides support on FIMO planning and monitoring to the Project Management Team.
- General Services
- Maintains a proper filing structure (hard & soft) for all assigned Journals.
- Acts as the Focal person for all Accounting issues of the assigned journals.
- Monitors the status of the receivables and payables of the assigned Journals and communicates on the same with the Project and relevant Office Units.
- Gives opinion, advises the Unit Manager on all areas related to the Accounting Function of the Office.
- Other Duties and Additional Tasks
- Ensures payments made are adequately documented; provides regular feedback to the Unit Manager on quality of vouchers posted.
- Supports the Unit Manager in Capacity building programs of all new Winpaccs Accountants.
- Provides support and advices to Project Financial Management and Accounting staff when needed.
- Demonstrates professionalism while dealing with confidential data. Ensures all confidential data is dealt with in line with standard GIZ procedures.
- Carries out any other tasks as maybe assigned by the Management.
- Monthly Error Sheets, Controls Parallel with Accounting
- In Consultation with the Unit Manager, prepares monthly error sheets for the journals he or she is responsible for.
- Conducts feedbacks meetings and sessions with the Project Admin and Finance Teams on status of Accounting.
Communicates all outstanding tasks/issues to the Head of Admin and Finance or the Unit Manager on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Auditing, Financial Management, Economics or Law.
- Three years of direct experience in the field of Accounting and/or financial management.
Other experiences and skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.):
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and Computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Access);
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English; German is an added value.
- Command over both Pashto and Dari.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Acts as a team player.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with multiple priorities at the same time.
You are kindly requested to fill in GIZ-Afghanistan’s job application form and send it along with your updated CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our HR recruitment unit by applying through the link below:
Link for the position in GIZ’s job website: https://www.giz-jobs.com/#id=23dddd89-1397-4b68-b237-50be84da3434
You can download the GIZ’s job application form from our jobs website (www.giz-jobs.com) We will not consider and review the applications without the job application form (for internal candidates, filling the form is optional).
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of our recruitment.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
We would like to encourage female applicants to apply for our vacant positions.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: