The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened an area office in Cox’s Bazar, and a main office in Dhaka.
The Grants Management Officer will provide grants management support to DRC in Bangladesh by ensuring timely donor communication, donor compliance, quality donor reporting, partnership contract management, coordination with programme and support department when it comes grants management. The Grants Management Officer will also be responsible for donor compliance, application of correct procedures and guidelines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the delivery of quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects, in a transparent, timely and professional manner.
- Contribute to addressing all comments and issues on proposals or reports, liaising with relevant Managers and finance to ensure coherence between financial and narrative reports.
- Ensure the DRC grants management system is regularly and fully updated including Grants Overview, Dynamics ERP system (creating grants, uploading documents, managing instalment tracking and billing rules, updating checklists and tasks assigned); internal funding tracker and reporting deadlines communications.
- Regular and timely support to ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations and support grant relationships and communications with donors to ensure correct, compliant, and smooth flow of information.
- Maintain and regularly update hard-copy files for all ongoing DRC projects and assist in the coordination and preparation of project documents.
- Organize Go/No Go, Kick Off, grant opening, review and closing meetings and ensure documentation of those meetings.
- Support PDQ Manager in managing fundraising strategy, donor engagement plan, donor mapping by conducting research, maintaining, and updating engagement plan and donor database.
- Support other Team Leaders within PDQ unit to ensure correct, compliant, and smooth flow of information requirements at all times to stakeholders especially towards donors.
Programme Support and Business Development
- Support PDQ Manager and Head of Programme for general reporting and communication of grants and programmes.
- Support the development of partnerships such as implementing partner identification and mapping, due diligence, support with selection, relationship management, capacity building and any closure processes.
- Support grants and external relations team to develop high-quality proposals, timely outputs such as reports and proposals for donors, partners, and government, ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare Retro-action plan for proposal development and support in workflow and process coordination between programme teams, senior leadership, and HQ to ensure timely and quality development and review.
- Coordinate programme development initiatives with field based technical teams and develop proposals as required.
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, systems and processes to support implementing teams to ensure full compliance.
- Provide coordination and comms. support of required project outputs e.g., FD6/7 applications, documentation for approvals, comms products etc. in collaboration with comms and media specialist and liaison coordinator.
- Support the PDQ Manager in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Comply with all global and location-specific safety rules, policies, and procedures. Report safety incidents, near-misses and other relevant information to the safety team as shall be briefed during onboarding. Failure to adhere to these will be considered a disciplinary offence while it may also leave you, your colleagues and DRC Bangladesh, at risk.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in Business Development, programme, Grants management, donor reporting or in a similar office role with a national or international NGO.
- Proven experience in improving quality of delivery and processing through methodical thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with UNHCR, IOM, ECHO, GAC, PRM, European Union, bilateral donors is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Social Sciences, Development Studies/ Business Administration and equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Training on PMD Pro, Gateway to grants, and relevant Project management certification. Candidates with foreign degrees/Certificates will be preferred.
- English – (Fluent in writing and speaking)
- Bengali – (Fluent in writing and speaking).
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 26th April 2023
WHAT WE OFFER
- Two Bonuses (paid at pro-rata basis with monthly salary)
- Relocation Allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group Life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical Benefits
- Excellent Working Environment and Opportunity of Growth
- Various Learning and Development Platforms
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions, you can visit our FAQ page.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.