- Job ID 106967
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Both
- Degree Bachelor Degree
- Province or State Kabul
- Vacancy Number VA/2023/GIZ/05
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates throughout Germany and in more than 120 countries worldwide. Our registered offices are in Bonn and Eschborn. We have round about 25.000 staff members around the globe, some 70% of whom are employed locally as national personnel.
With an international remit and a multicultural working atmosphere, we are successful because we share knowledge across disciplinary frontiers. Your professional and personal development is important to us. Whether it is the multifaceted day-to-day challenges or the considerable scope for applying creativity in your work – there are plenty of good reasons to join our motivated team.
Overall Tasks & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Unit of the GIZ Afghanistan Main Office is responsible for all personnel processes in compliance with the law, rules and regulations – from job announcements and recruitment to the end of the contract and the calculation of final payments for national staff. In this regard, the HR team advises the unit managers and project leaders in their leadership role on HR-relevant topics and the employees on their rights and duties arising from the employment contract and the Employment Handbook.
The Human Resources Assistant performs the following tasks:
- Manage and organize personnel files and other HR related documents.
- Responsible for creating personal files for newly recruited employees and uploading data related to the employees in their respective personnel files in DMS.
- Archiving and Updating of all the files and make sure confidentiality is kept.
- Make sure all documents are signed/approved before filing and in accordance with GIZ Procedures.
- Make sure all documents are filed immediately once received them from Projects.
- Create and organize HR related files such as payrolls, taxes, staff talks, TINs, Work Permits, leave forms, assessment interview form, salary advance settlements and other support documents.
- Overview documents twice a year to make sure all necessary documents are available and easily accessible and to complete missing documents.
- Use a separate filing system for all HR guidelines and policies to be easily accessible.
- Enter data of new employment contracts and amendments into SAP in close cooperation with HR Specialists, when needed.
- Ensure quality of data entered is well considered.
- Supporting HR Specialists with SAP entries and issuing contracts to newly hired employees.
- Support to HR Specialists in Issuing Contract Amendments and Contract Extensions.
- Issuing Letters to GIZ’s newly hired, current, and former employees whenever needed and requested.
- Issuing End of Contract Letters to employees whose contracts end.
- Any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
- In Progress or Graduate Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, or Law.
- 2 or more years of experience in the relevant field.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences and Skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.)
- Good command of MS Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, email, internet and its software)
Good English Language skills
You are kindly requested to fill in GIZ-Afghanistan’s job application form and send it along with your updated CV and letter of motivation with complete contact details to our HR recruitment unit by applying through the link below:
You can download the GIZ’s job application form from our jobs website (www.giz-jobs.com) We will not consider and review the applications without the job application form (for internal candidates, filling out the form is optional).
Please do not send us your working certificates, educational certificates or any other additional documents while you are applying for the post. We will ask you for these documents if you are selected for the next steps of our recruitment.
We would also like to point out that the selection process is not in the decision-making competence of individuals, but that a committee of national and international staff always makes the decisions on the pre-selection up to the final hiring decision. As all our processes are subject to strict compliance requirements, we ask you to refrain from contacting employees with a recruitment request.
Only those candidates will be invited for written test or interview who meets the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned job vacancy.
Qualified Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about German Cooperation with Afghanistan and GIZ Afghanistan Projects, please visit our websites: