Type: Full Time
Close on: 6 Jan 2023
About ICT Associate Job
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Apply For Senior Immunization Manager/Congo/2023
- Ensure timely and effective user support
- Provide ongoing assistance in the operation and implementation of new systems.
- Perform first and second-line support functions
- Administer data security for end-user access to network and/or facilities and troubleshoot ad-hoc or software problems experience on the network or facilities.
- Escalate the problem to the ICTD if required.
- Ensure all calls are recorded, responded to promptly, and resolved within the specified time.
- Assist in the installation, configuration, maintenance, and operation of the ICT Infrastructure such as servers, datacenter, desktop computers, laptops, printers, and other ICT equipment
- Deploy and maintain end-user hardware (e.g. servers, printers, desktop computers, laptops, and other ICT equipment (excluding network equipment). This may require the incumbent to lift, move, mount, or store equipment.
- Ensure regular monitoring, analyzing, and resolving of all problems related to hardware.
- Ensure all equipment is secured against network threats, and protected against viruses and backup schedules are adhered to.
- Providing support in conferencing with ICT and audiovisual equipment as and when requested.
Coordinate and monitor the work of the helpdesk function for the effective and timely resolution of problems
- Ensure adherence to UNICEF IT policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to the GSSC.
- Assist in drafting technical documentation as necessary.
- Coordinate and monitor hardware calls with vendors.
- Maintain and update the Helpdesk calls database
- Analyze and identify trends and root causes
- Address the issue of reducing the number of calls in terms of spares, training, guidelines, etc., based on the statistical analysis
- Track and monitor incidents throughout their lifecycle, including verification and closure.
- Analyze problems, identify alternatives, test and recommend solutions
- Participate in beta testing of new applications and hardware and report on bugs and findings.
- Assist in global rollouts both in terms of implementation and user orientation/training as necessary
- Support project rollouts and implementation of new processes, including testing, debugging, and implementation of new applications and systems.
- Maintain spares for better IT support
- Coordinate with Operations in items (old and obsolete) for Property Survey Board (PSB.)
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement, supplemented with formal training in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, and Engineering is an asset.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience in information technology is required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements. i.e. in the form of one year of completed education being equivalent to one year of relevant work experience (for fully completed degrees only).
- Systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT product and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Experience in maintaining and installing server operating systems (Windows Server 2012, 2016) and storage hardware, and virtualization technologies are required.
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell and scripting is required.
- Good working knowledge of computer information systems, including PC operating systems (e.g. Windows 10), PC hardware and applications software, and MS Office is required.
- Familiarity with network-building concepts and network devices is required.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.