Organization: UNDPLocation: ChinaType: Full TimeClose on: 9 Jan 2023
About Organization:The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency taskes with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. in addition. in addition, It was established in 1966 by the General Assembly of the United Nations, merging the United Nations Expanded Programme of Technical Assistance and the United Nations Special Fund. UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, providing policy advice, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities, and building resilience to sustain development. It also serves as a scorekeeper on development goals and provides institutional capacity development services in support of the 2030 Agenda.On another hand, You can apply for UN jobs-Chief Health and Nutrition/China/2023
About International Social & Environmental Safeguards Specialistalso social and environmental safeguards practitioners with international experience needes by UNDP and the Government of China to conduct an evaluation of safeguards risk management that has already been implemented, screen remaining activities for environmental safeguard risks using the updated template, and identify suitable SES risk management plans with an accompanying implementation schedule and monitoring plan.The Consultant will collaborate closely with the Project Director, Project Manager, Chief Technical Adviser, and project teams to carry out the necessary assessments to identify potential environmental and social risks, and ways to avoid negative environmental and social impacts, where possible. also, Where risk avoidance is not possible, the Consultant will identify appropriate risk mitigation and management measures, in accordance with the UNDP Social and Environmental Standards.The Consultant will assist the project teams in designing focused SES risk management strategies as well as reviewing and updating the Social and Environmental Screening Procedures (SESP) and ESMF. also, The international specialist in social and environmental safeguards will work for PIMS 5379 for 22 days and must finish the mission’s responsibilities by March 31st, 2023.
Required Qualifications International Social & Environmental Safeguards SpecialistEducation:
- a master’s degree or higher in an area directly related to the environment, such as sociology, economics, development, or community-based natural resource management;
- a minimum of five years of experience evaluating social and environmental norms and their impacts in the context of international development; prior experience working with UNDP will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment (including gender mainstreaming and gender analysis), human rights (including human rights-based strategy and human rights impact assessment), and community involvement;
- Knowledge of displacement and resettlement (including the Livelihoods Recovery Action Plan), cultural heritage (including chance find techniques, tangible and intangible cultural treasures), and
- Working knowledge of indigenous peoples and ethnic minorities, including FPI and Indigenous Peoples Plans;
- an understanding of free, prior, and informed consent and indigenous peoples’ plans; experience working with indigenous peoples or ethnic minorities;
- knowledge of impact assessment and/or social and environmental safeguards in the context of international development;
- Having experience with GEF/UNDP projects is advantageous;
- a strong ability to coordinate with project areas and institutions.