- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Mosul
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Closing Date:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
The duties for Lawyer IRC are as follows:
- Run daily field visits in Sinjar to determinate legal needs.
- Supply legal representation before courts and executive bodies on documentation, HLP, and family law, also detention (if requested), based on the SOPs.
- Nourish legal awareness sessions based in hitherto identified needs, to the communities, mainly on civil documentation, IDPs and Returnees rights, etc.
- Nourish individual counseling to beneficiaries and advise on options to solve their particular legal problem (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution) and make recommendations on the best actions to take.
- Support on behalf of clients and make direct interventions with local authorities (e.g. phone calls, letters or meetings) or other institutions (NGOs) or international organizations (UN), were appropriate.
- Buffing legal cases before administrative or other bodies in accordance with established procedures for legal representation (e.g. accessing essential personal documentation, government-initiated compensation benefits, and other legal issues, including property restitution).
- Maintain records of participants in legal understanding sessions and collect information of individuals who benefited from legal counseling.
- Archive all legal cases in individual files, ensuring respect of confidentiality of data.
- Guide cases recognized as needing non-legal assistance, or legal cases that need to be followed-up in another governorate. Cases can be referred both internally to other IRC services such as CP, ERD and WPE and used the internal states for referrals.
APPLY ALSO : Administration IRC – Supply Chain Officer