|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Vacancy Number:||SVN-KBL- 020-23|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience for bachelor’s degree or High school diploma with three years of relevant professional experience.|
|Contract Duration:||Six months with possibility of extension|
|Education:||University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution.|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Supply Chain Officer-Procurement and the direct supervision of the senior logistics assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, s/he will
Carry out clerical tasks to support the smooth running of activities in the Unit.
Draft routine correspondence, reports, presentations, and other documentation.
Maintain files, databases and tracking tools of the unit.
Assist Supply Chain unit in proper filing.
Support the Program staff and the management of the accommodation and office space of IOM
Support Logistics requirement of Kabul and sub offices
Support the coordination of transportation needs and drivers’ movements; verify all logbooks are properly maintained and monitor fuel consumption and vehicle’ maintenance records.
Support the organization of meetings, workshops, trainings.
Conduct regular inspection of office premises and verify functionality of the entire office and equipment.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to work with national and international institutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience for Bachelor’s degree or High school diploma with three years of relevant professional experience
Experience in procurement and logistics and working with vendors and service providers.
Experience with asset management process.
Experience working with IOM/UN Procurement and Logistics Rules and Procedures is an advantage.
Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
Fluency in English (oral and written)
Working knowledge of Dari and Pashto
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with SVN-KBL- 020-23 on the subject by 23 February 2023 at the latest.
Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account
External candidate and already have an account, Click here .
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here.