MEAL Officer, Centre for Disability in Development (CDD)
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- To implement the SMILE project effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner, CDD is seeking a dedicated and skilled MEAL Officer under “Supporting Meaningful Inclusive Learning Environments for Deaf Children in Bangladesh (SMILE)” project. Reporting to the Project Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) activities within the project, ensuring its effectiveness and impact. Initially the duration of the project is from 1st August 2023 to 31st July 2024 and it will be renewed depend on donor`s interest and funding.
- Project-specific responsibilities: Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities Project Manager;
- To carry out the regular data collection of the project and ensure quality of the data by random verification validation triangulation and cross checking;
- To record manage and preserve monitoring data of all projects in a safe and accessible way;
- To analyze and discuss findings with project team and partner’s organizations as a continuous process;
- Provide technical support on monitoring and evidence-based recommendations to the project management team and partner organizations;
- Participate actively in project planning process and budgeting;
- To establish, manage and strengthen Accountability to Beneficiaries which includes capacity building of partner organizations;
- Prepare case studies, need based papers documents, good practices for CDD and DCW;
- Assist in preparing reports on training/meetings/workshops/field visits etc.
- Identify lessons learned, good practices, and share these with the project and management team, partners, and stakeholders.
- Safeguarding responsibilities: Adhere to CDD’s Children and Adults at Risk Safeguarding policy, ensuring the safety and well-being of all project participants.
- Promote a safe and secure environment for all participants and stakeholders of the project.
- Report any safeguarding concerns promptly and follow the designated reporting procedures.
- Additional responsibilities: Perform any other responsibility / special duty delegated by project and CDD management.
- Master Degree in Special Education / Development Studies / Statistics or any other relevant Social Science subjects from a reputed university
- At least 4 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience in relevant sectors (National/ International NGO)
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Have knowledge on data collection techniques, sampling methodology, and M&E concepts.
- Able to take decisions promptly, prioritize and multi-task seamlessly.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player with experience in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Strong writing and reporting skills (clear, concise, and responsible communication suited to the interlocutor);
- Sound Knowledge and skills on the MEAL framework;
- Working with persons with disabilities will add additional value
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and in a multicultural context.
- Proficient time management, leadership, and analytical skills, allowing for effective multitasking and the facilitation of complex tasks.
- Demonstrates adeptness in communication, presentation, and report writing, ensuring clear and concise conveyance of information.
- Exhibits cultural, gender, religious, racial, national, and age sensitivity, adapting seamlessly to diverse contexts.
- Exceptional organizational ability, accurately managing multiple tasks while prioritizing based on deadlines, available resources, and special assignments.
- Skillfully plans, coordinates, and organizes workloads, maintaining flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and competing time frames.
- Proficient in Knowledge Management and Learning, leveraging continuous improvement to enhance project outcomes.
- Possesses an excellent understanding of monitoring methodologies and their practical application, ensuring accurate data collection and analysis.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both written and oral, facilitating effective interaction with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity in interactions with diverse partners, fostering collaborative relationships
- Good command in oral and written communication both in Bangla and English;
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis (SPSS preferred)
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Basis festival bonus