Brief Details About National Consultant – UNICEF – Bangladesh:
- Job no: 562458
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Dhaka
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Bangladesh
- Categories: Social Policy
- Deadline: Bangladesh Standard Time
UNICEF, originally called the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund in full, now officially United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
Apply also: BRAC Internships in Bangladesh
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate and coordinate implementation and scale-up of the Mother and Child Benefit Programme (MCBP)
1.1 Facilitate and coordinate the expansion of MCBP implementation in selected locations.
1.2 Coordinate implementation of a model of cash plus approach (cash linked to ANC/PNC and Birth registration) in the selected locations
1.3 Monitor the implementation of the cash plus model and coordinate the baseline, midline and end-line data collection and reporting based on the developed Theory of Change and the M&E framework
1.4 Develop resource packages (guidelines, operations manuals) for implementation of the service integration
1.5 Enhance coordination and capacity building of the partner’s staff women development workers, M&E Officer and community health and family planning workers and ensure identification and referral cases.
1.6 Coordinate with and guide key partners (implementing partners, sub-national government offices, CSOs) in the selected locations to implement the model in the selected locations.
1.7 Coordinate with sections (child protection, SBCC, health, nutrition) to offer coordinated support to DWA
1.8 Coordinate and work closely with UNICEF, DWA and WFP on all aspects of the service integration model development, piloting and expanded implementation of the MCBP
1.9 Ensure the quality of the thematic reports submitted by the partners
1.10 Undertake any other task to ensure the smooth roll-out and implementation of the MCBP
2. Facilitate and coordinate preparedness for the implementation of an Emergency Humanitarian cash transfer (EHCT)
2.1 Support partnership establishment for facilitating the implementation of emergency cash transfer
2.2 Facilitate contract finalization with the financial service providers
2.3 Coordinate with Field offices and IPs to implement the emergency cash transfer when required.
2.4 Coordinate the baseline, midline and end-line data collection and reporting based on the M&E framework
2.5 Ensure partner’s report quality (thematic and financial reports) and facilitate fund disbursement.
2.6 Undertake any other task assigned by the supervisor/ Chief to ensure the smooth roll-out and implementation of the HCT.
3. Provide support to the Child Sensitive Social Protection Policy Guidance Unit for strengthening social protection for children
3.1 Coordinate with and provide support to the Cabinet Division to facilitate inter-ministerial coordination to strengthen service integration under MCBP
3.2 Provide support to the Cabinet Division to facilitate policy dialogue and advocacy events
3.3 Undertake any other tasks the supervisor/ Chief assigned to ensure smooth facilitation and coordination with the Cabinet Division.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Economics/ Development Study/Social Sciences/ Statistics/ or a related field
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in the areas of Social protection, local government, and human rights.
- Previous experience in similar activities with the UN or other international organizations will be an added advantage
- Previous work experience with government (national and/ or sub-national level) is desirable.
- Demonstrate knowledge, and experience understanding of the Bangladesh context, especially in social protection.