- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- Type: Full Time
- job Title: Adult Education Instructor
- Close on: 29 Mar 2023
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. The IRC Way is a multilingual document that defines the ideals of the organization. Its objectives for power include establishing a just society where everyone may prosper.
Also, You can apply for NGO-Post-Secondary Education Specialist
About NGO-Adult Education Instructor/USA/2023
To support its educational programs for refugees and other immigrants, the IRC in New Jersey is looking for an adult education instructor to conduct English language training (ELT), cultural orientation (CO), job readiness training (JRT), and digital literacy teaching. Under the direction of the Adult Education Coordinator, they will offer contextualized education that fosters the English language abilities required to find and keep a job as well as reach financial independence for humanitarian immigrants. In order to achieve excellent retention rates, the adult education instructor must be able to work autonomously and successfully engage students. In order to successfully report on grant-funded initiatives, they must also make sure that client data is gathered and handled.
Required Qualifications of NGO-Adult Education Instructor/USA/2023
combination of a university degree and experience instructing adult English language learners for at least a year (ELLs)
TESOL degree/certificate preferred.
- Experience living in a country outside of the U.S. is highly desired.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and student-centered teaching strategies.
- Comfort working with refugees and immigrants from a variety of backgrounds, including those with limited formal education and/or literacy skills.
- Strong culturally responsive interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with interpreters.
- Experience using Zoom or online learning platforms.
English fluency is required, fluency in another language is strongly preferred