Type: Full Time
Close on: 16 Jan 2023
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration, established in 1951. It works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners to promote humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. IOM also supports the 2030 Agenda through humanitarian and sustainable development activities.
Also, You can apply for NGO-Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
About NGO-Data Officer/Iraq/2023
Posted5 Jan 2023Closing date16 Jan 2023
Position Title: Data Officer (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM))
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 January 2023
The chosen candidate will be in charge of creating and generating DTM analytical products under the general supervision of the Head of the Transition and Recovery Division, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (DTM), and close collaboration with the National Information Management Officer for DTM.
Required Qualifications NGO-Data Officer/Iraq/2023
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in applied data analytics and visualization using STATA, SPSS or R;
- Experience in data collection, research, and report writing;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population databases is an advantage;
- Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset; and,
- Experience working in conflict and post-conflict settings.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
The proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.